Snow Trek To Bijli Mahadev
1 Nights/2 Days
2 to 20 people
English & Hindi
Bijli Mahadev temple during the winter is a sight to behold. Its white and white all over. Trek over the foot thick snow with the views of mighty Himalayan peaks watching over you, top it with the mystery of Bijli Mahadev Temple. Now what more do you need to venture out there. Explore the age old Manali AKA Naggar the next day and don’t miss the delicious cup off from the café near the waterfalls.
Experience all this in just a night and couple of days to bag some of the best memories in your life
- Experienced Guide
- Exquisite Local Cuisine
- Comfortable Stay
- Offbeat experience
Day-1: Haripur - Dhat - Bijli Mahadev - Dhat
Arrive at Patlikuhal bus stand by 9 am in the morning, where the team representative will receive you. Check in at the base camp in Haripur and enjoy the Breakfast. After that we will head for Dhat, from where we trek to Bijli Mahadev. Cross the white and green woods of Manali through knee high snow to reach the Mystical temple of Bijli Mahadev, located at a height of 2460 m. Enjoy some snow hiking and photography here before we head back to Dhat to spend your night at a traditional Himalayan village home.
Day-2: Dhat - Haripur - Manali
After breakfast, we head towards Naggar to visit the Naggar Castle and Jana waterfall to enjoy some traditional Himachal cuisine at a café beside the waterfall. You can spend the day exploring Manali or Old Manali before catching your evening bus to Chandigarh/Delhi.
- Stay at traditional Himalayan Village home.
- Meals during trek
- Service of professional guide
- Sleeping bags/ beddings during the night stay
- Rent of Instructor/Guide for each activity included in the package.
- All Transportation in Local Buses and Cabs
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Meals during road travel
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expense of purely personal nature
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and decrease/increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Porter/pony for your personal gear
- Backpack 40 - 50 Lt. with rain cover.Day Pack 15 - 20 Lt. -To carry your personal gear, camera, water bottle, trail clothing, packed food etc. (you will need this, when you offload your larger pack onto a horse/porter)
- Trekking Shoes: Please do not wear sports shoes as on most treks as we go higher it gets harder to use the sports shoes. We recommend shoes with a good hard sole and also ankle support preferable water proof. While we do not subscribe to any particular brand you can try the Quechua Forclaz 600 or like. Socks:
- 2-3 pairs of cotton socks
- 1-2 pair of woolen socks (best to use when in camp. Not recommended while trekking).
- Pants: 2-3 pairs -Ideal are quick dry light weight synthetic pants. Alternatively track pants are also comfortable to trek in. Avoid jeans/denims.
- T-shirts 2-3 pairs–Preferably full sleeves.
- Synthetic Fleece Jacket -1 pair.
- Wind proof/ Water proof Jacket -1 pair.
- Down filled / Hollow fiber fill insulated Jacket – 1 pair (optional-get this if you want to stay extra warm at camps.)
- Thermal liners-1 pair upper and lower (optional)
- Failing to report at the reporting time till 3 hours will be considered as a "No-show" case.
- The trek can be customized and facilitated for 1 participant also and for fixed departures we take max. 6 participants in one group - In case of less than 2 members commute will be made through public transport.
- In case you are travelling by your own car, we suggest you arrive directly at our basecamp located in Haripur (address will be shared after booking), 14-16 km from Manali on the Naggar road, the day before the start of the trek.
- Participants are expected to have a reasonably good fitness level.
- In the trek, if the group size is not met, the trek will not be cancelled; however we will travel in public transport.
- 30 days prior to departure - 90% refund.
- 15 - 29 days prior to departure - 50% refund
- Less than 15 days prior to departure: no refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
2 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.