Makalidurga Day/Night Trek
1 to 10 people
English, Hindi, Kannada
Makalidurga is one of the closest weekend destinations from Bangalore having a rocky terrain surrounded by dense forest plantation throughout the hill and the railway track hike in between the wildest hills towards the Makalidurga Hill adds a sense of thrill in the beauty of the night. The beautiful lake surrounding the hill and a ground where you can meditate on top makes it an unforgettable experience forever.
Makalidurga Hill is 60 km on the outskirts of Bangalore. At a height 4430ft and only 10 Kms ahead of Doddaballapura makes it a perfect weekend trekking destination. It is a beautiful hill surrounded by a lake on the west which looks like the South American continent. A railway track passes through the base of the hill which makes this trek even more interesting. The Makalidurga Fort is on top of the hill which captures the most beautiful sunset and sunrise from the hilltop. There is abundance of the country vicinity at Makalidurga and for all the adventure enthusiasts the ideal way to do trekking at Makalidurga is to start it from the Makalidurga Railway Station which adds a vintage style to the trekking for the hill.
- Hiking on the Railway Track in between the narrow green valley
- Enjoying infinite views from the historical & spiritual hill
- Basic Rock Climbing
- South American Continent like Gundamagere Lake
- Meditation Ring for the peace seekers
- Sunrise Stairway for the most beautiful sunrise ever
- Shiva Temple (High Wind Zone)
- Private Travel from and to Bangalore passing the Rural Bangalore
- South Indian Heavy Breakfast
- Power Pack (Energy Snacks)
ALTITUDE: 4,430 ft
TRAIL TYPE: Granite rock hill with moderate inclined slopes surrounded by overgrown grass after Monsoon.
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Moderate
BEST SEASON If you are one of those who want to get extreme with nature then do not miss trekking in monsoons else September till March gives an optimum temperature and environment for trekking
ADVISORY Do not wear shorts as there plantation has thorns in it
REGION: Makalidurga Village, Bangalore Rural District (Karnataka)
WATER SOURCES: The last point to get water is Makalidurga Railway Station.
ATTRACTIONS: Makalidurga Fort on the hillock has a historic as well as scenic importance in the area. The lake on the west side of the bed is known as Gundamagere which looks like the South American continent. The giant granite rock on the way to the fort is very popular for adventure sports which includes ropes such as rappelling and rock climbing.
- Anything not mentioned
- Transport to/from Pick-up point
- South Indian Heavy Breakfast
Anything not mentioned above
Things to carry:
- Cargos/Track pants
- Trekking/Hiking Shoes, preferably waterproof
- A few pairs of cotton socks
- Water bottle
- Personal Medication/First Aid Kit
Pickup from: Yelahanka - Doddaballapura - Mallathahalli
- CASE 1: Up to 07 Days before an event - Full Refund
- There would be a payment gateway charge of 2.45% as per the bank.
- CASE 2: Between 06 to 03 Days before an event - 50% Refund
- We understand there is loss of 50% from your end which is not our intention, so to compensate that we give you an option to use the complete amount for the next trek.
- CASE 3: 02 Days to the date of an event - No Refund
- We understand there is loss from your end. To recover your loss, we offer you an option to substitute an other Outdoor enthusiast like you for the trek.