Rappelling, Trekking and Night Camping at Rajmachi Fort, Lonavala
30 to 40 people
English, Hindi and Marathi
Rajmachi trekking rappelling and kondna caves on 9th Jan to 10th Jan Sunday 2016
Rajmachi is a fort in Karjat region. There are two forts which were built by Shivaji Maharaj during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 14 km trekking distance from Lonavla. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat(ghat between Mumbai and Pune) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort. Rajmachi can be reached by 2 ways, the tough route from Kondivide village near Karjat and the other easy but long way route from Lonavala.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3600 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: Easy- medium
Range: Lonavala / Karjat
Kondana Caves are located in small village, Kondana, 33 km north of Lonavala and 16 km nrth west of Karla Caves. This cave group has 16 Buddhist caves. The caves were excavated in first century B.C. The construction on wooden pattern is notabale. One can reach to the cave by descending from Rajmachi village...... Indrayani express 22105 :
Meeting point Lonavala Station at 8.00 am
Mumbai people can Reach lonavala by Indrayani Express
Pune people can reach Lonavala by Local Trains
Mumbai to Lonavala
- Mumbai CST: 05.40
- Dadar: 05.51
- Thane: 6.14
- Kalyan: 6.33
- Karjat: 7.13
- Lonavala: 7.58
Pune to Lonavala
- Local Train Pune to Lonavala
- Pune: 6.30 am
- Chinchwad: 6.57
- Talegaon: 7.19
- Lonavala: 7.55 am
Travel by Public Transport till Fanaswadi
- Reach Fanaswadi by 12 am
- Pack lunch at fanaswadi
- Introduction Round , Start Trek for Rajmachi (8 KM Trek)
- Reach Udhewadi Village by 4pm.
- Rest for some time tea & snacks time
- Start Trek for Shreevardhan Fort , Enjoy Sunset from the Fort
- We will be staying at Villager House or caves , So please carry Bedding / Sleeping Bag.
- Post Dinner , we will go for Night small trek
- Wake up at 6am
- Visit to Forts
- Back to Villager House for Breakfast
- rappelling approx 50 to 80 ft depends on location
- Start Descend toward Karjat Side by 10am
- Reach Kondane Cave by 12pm
- Explore Kondane Cave till 1.30 pm
- Lunch at Kondane Village
- Post Lunch we will start our return Journey
- Reach Karjat by 6pm
- Catch Karjat - CST Local and Reach Dadar by 8-8.30pm
- Transportation from Lonavala to Fanaswadi
- Kondana village to Karjat staion
- 2 breakfast at village , 2 veg meal
- Rappeling & trekking
- Support staff
- Transport till Lonavala station
- Transport from Karjat staion to Mumbai or Pune
- Drinking water
- Identity proof (must)
- Pack Lunch for Saturday.
- A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
- TORCH with extra batteries (compulsory)
- Sleeping bed, warm clothes (compulsory)
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes, extra pair of flotters.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases Do Not carry sling bags/ Jholas/ Trolley Bags.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Pack your bags to save them from getting wet
Reporting/Start Point:Lonavala station. 9th Jan 2016 Morning 8 AM
( 0 - 0 yrs)