Dodi Tal Trek
4 Nights/5 Days
1 to 12 people
English and Hindi
Dodi Tal is a famous lake in the western garhwal himalayas. It is popular among trekkers and many visit the lake from hanuman chatti side as well as from Barsu side via dayara bugyal. The serene and calm waters of the lake and the nearby devi temple are a delight to photo enthusiasts and nature lovers. The himalayan trout or the mahaseer can be seen in the lake. Since this part of the himalayas lies below the great himalayan range it is lush green with oak and rhodendron trees. The last 2-3 km approach to the lake is very exciting as the path traverses many mountain folds. There is a short hike to darwa top from the lake which goes on to cross the range into the yamuna valley and meets at hanuman chatti.The views of draupadi ka danda ,deonli and srikanth peaks are magnificient from Drwa top.
- Crystal Clear Lake and Himalayan trout
- Visit Lush meadows, Green Valleys of Asi Ganga Valley, Bhagirathi Valley and Yamuna Valley and thick forests
- Snowcapped Himalayan Peaks: Bandarpunch peak and Swargarohini Peak
- Low altitude trek with gorges, outstanding views, multiple hues
- Experience Amazing variation in scenery
- Get glimpses of an ancient culture of local people.
Day 01: HARIDWAR to BHEWRA via UTTARKASHI (180kms) - 8 hours drive and 2 hours trek
We start at haridwar and drive via Narendranaar, Chamba, Dharasu bend to Uttarkashi and then onwards to Sangam chatti. The campsite at bhewra village is situated on the banks of the river assi ganga and is 2 hour trek from Sangamchatti.We have breakfast and lunch en route and dinner at Deora in campsite.
Day 02: BHEWRA to DODITAL( 8 hours trek)
Post breakfast we start our trek to Dodital via the village of manjhi. This is a beautiful himalayan village on mountain slopes with terraced farming. We reach dodital by evening and pitch tents near the lake. He walk is through dense oak, deodhar and pine trees with plenty of birds to give company.
Day 03:DODITA TO DARWA TOP AND BACK ( 4-5 hours)
Today we stay put at our camp site and do a small hike to Darwa top to capture the magnificient views from Darwa top ( 3000m). Evening can be lazily spent watching the ripples of the water in the lake and bird watching around the lake.
Day 04: DODITAL TO BHEWRA VILLAGE ( 8-9 hours trek)
We retrace our steps to deora village. Although this time the walk will take less time; being downhill. Overnight in camp site at Bhewra village.
Day 05: BHEWRA VILAGE to HARIDWAR ( 2 hours trek and 8 hours drive)
We start early and reach Uttarkashi by 10 am. Post lunch we drive to Haridwar and reach by nightfall.
- Road transportation from Dehradun to Dehradun by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- All meals during Trek
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress. Kitchen, Dining and toilet tent
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Good English speaking guide, cooks and mules.
- First Aid Kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Quality camping arrangements
- All Taxes
- Accommodation in Rishikesh/Dehardun or Haridwar.
- Personal Insurance.
- Any personal expenses.
Duration: 5 Days | 4 Nights
Best Season: Apr-Nov
Total Distance: 40 km
Maximum Elevation: 3100m Darwa Top approximately
Weather: The nights can be cold; day temperatures are
pleasant during the season.
Getting From/To:Uttarkashi is well connected by road from haridwar and rishikesh & is a 7-8 hour drive.
Equipment: None for walking
7+ Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
7 Day Or Less: No refund