Triund Trekking & Camping
1 Nights/2 Days
2 to 20 people
Your destination at the Majestic Hill Top with more of a short backpacking adventure trip and not much pre-planning. Being the most popular easy trek at the maximum elevation of 2875 meters above the sea level, Triund is not only known for its spectacular picturesque view of snow clad mountains but is also for the mesmerizing destination, the clouds and the grassy meadows that leave you awestruck. You can complete one side trek in 4-5 hours.
Spend the whole night under the star studded night sky and witness the sunset and the sunrise the next day. With little extra time you may explore the Dal Lake, Naddi Village, Monasteries and Temples in and around Mcleodganj & Dharamshala.
- Free Facility to freshen-up/change at Mcleodganj Base Camp
- Free Facility to keep luggage at Mcleodganj Base Camp
- Short and exciting Trekking & Camping experience
- All meals included
- Good Sleeping Bags for the cold in Winter Season
Day 1: Report at Mcleodganj Bbase Camp - 9 km Trek - 4 to 6 hours
Report by 10:00 am at the Base Camp in Mcleodganj, the trek starts off to Triund via Dhramkot & Naddi. Packed lunch will be given to participants for the trek and once we reach Triund top, you are free to explore near by area on your own, before doing so, please do inform your guide. Snack will be served in the evening. We will be camping overnight at Triund. Freshly cooked dinner will be served.
Day 2: Trek back to Mcleadganj Base Camp
After breakfast at camp on Triund Hill Top, we will check out from camp and start out trek back to Mcleodganj base camp. By aftrenoon (estimated at around 1-2 pm) the trek ends as we reach back to the Base Camp Mcleodganj.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Packed Lunch, Snacks and Dinner on Day 1 - Breakfast on Day 2
- Packed Lunch: 2 Bananas, 1 Chocolate, 1 biscuit packet, 1 juice, 1 Veg Sandwich
- Evening Tea on Day-1
- Dinner: Dal, Mix Veg or Mutter Paneer , Rice and Roti
- Breakfast: Bread Omelette or Maggi or Aloo Paratha with Tea
- Free Lockers and Resting room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Expert Guides
- Poters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping at Triund
- Camp accommodation at triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps at twin sharing basis - subject to availability)
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Any other service not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any additonal portage / ponny for personal luggage/bags
- Expense on any personal nature
Things to Carry:
- T-shirts, comfortable trekking pants (avoid cotton), Jackets - Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Trekking shoes with thick soles and most importantly, It should be Comfortable.
- Flip-flops must be Lightweight, also Raincoat.
- A Weightless Towel, a Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Cap is a must under the sun which also includes the Sunglasses
- At night, Torch is a must with extra batteries.
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries
- Book lovers can carry books.
- Everyday you'll be carrying a back pack, so have only your essentials in it, you don't want it to be too heavy.
- Additional Charged Batteries to be for your camera
- Trekkers must avoid bringing expensive watches or jeweleries for the trek. Note that we are not responsible if it is misplaced.
- You must inform the Base Camp coordinator in advance in case you're not able to reach the location on time, so that they'll be able to wait for you. If you fail to inform your trip coordinator then it is considered as No Show
- No Show: If you do not report on day of your trek and group can not wait any longer and they will proceed with the trek. No refund would be applicable.
- If camping is affected by the weather or any other natural calamities then and hotels stay has to be provided then charges must be paid by customer on actuals.
- Your safety is our responsibility and so we reserve the right to revoke services of anyone not following the instructions of our expert guides during the trek.
- In case someone mis-behaves under influence of alcohol, we reserve the right to cancel their booking
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking then you can do that with
- Free Cancellation: No Cancellation Charge if you cancel minimum 3 days prior to reporting date
- With-in 3 Days of Reporting Time- No Refund
Please note: In case activity is not safe to be done due to bad weather, the guiding team will propose an alternate option to the participants. This is keeping the safety interest of our customers in mind. One chooses not to go with the alternative but in such case no-refund is applicable, as the situation is beyond our control.
Note: 2.5% payment gateway charges would still be deducted from refund amount.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Triund trek is not a tough trek and usually takes about 5-6 hours to reach Triund from Mcleodganj. The total Triund trek distance is about 7 Kms. Last 2 Kms are little steep.
59 travellers found this helpful
Mobile reception is available in some stretches during the trek, but Triund does not have mobile reception. Vodafone & BSNL network does show-up sometimes but would not be of much use.
39 travellers found this helpful
Yes taking a guide is advisable for Triund Trek as weather is unpredictable in such areas and an experienced guide knows how to deal in such situations. Guide must be a trained professional.
38 travellers found this helpful
As Triund trail is little rocky, hiking shoes are recommended, have at least shoes with a good grip and extra pair of socks. A warm jacket according to the season and must carry a raincoat or poncho in rainy season. There is no need to carry food/snacks as there are shops & cafes along the trail and also on top.
39 travellers found this helpful
The reporting location of the trek - McLeodganj Base Camp is about 1 km walking distance from McLeodganj Bus Stand. Exact reporting address and local contact details are sent automatically in email/SMS once booking is done.
47 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Mcleodganj Base Camp
₹ 1490 Per Person
( 6 - 12 yrs)