Prashar Lake Snow Trek
1 Nights/2 Days
1 to 6 people
Prashar Lake puts on the white gown of snow during the winter and a Prashar Lake trek is all you need during this winter holidays! Prashar Lake trek through the snow is one of a kind experience, embark on this journey and you will be blessed with the peace, calm and the serenity of this beautiful place!
Located in Mandi District of HP at an altitude of 2730 mtr Prashar is known for the Holy Prashar Lake, Sloppy Meadows, dense forest and the Panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar. The “Prashar Lake” Which has a perimeter of about 300 mtr is decorated by a floating island in it. Its crystal clear water adds to the charm of this scenic spot. Traditionally it is believed that the lake was formed as a result of striking of the rod (Guj) by Rishi Prashar and water came out and took shape of the lake. An ancient pagoda style temple dedicated to the Rishi Prashar, the patron God of Mandi region stand beside the lake.
The temple has been constructed by the king Ban Sen in 13-14th Century using single deodar tree and it took 12 years to complete the temple construction. A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding. A visit to Prashar is a perfect blend of a spiritual journey and exploring the serene Himalayan Ranges.
- 9 Kms of Trek through the Alpine forest
- Camping near the pristine Prashar Lake
- 360 panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas
- Gorgeous sunset and sunrise at the backdrop of Himalayas
- Camping under the Stars beside the Prashar Lake
- Arrival in Panarsa via Volvo Bus (no cab/auto needed to reach reporting location)
- Check-in into our HomeStay
- Breakfast + Transfer to Jwalapur village on Shared Cabs (25 Km)
- Trek to Prashar Lake (~9kms) + Packed Lunch
- Photography and sunset at Prashar Lake
- Snacks + Dinner
- Camping under the Stars at Prashar Lake
- Experience Sunrise at Prashar Lake + 360 panoramic view of the mighty Himalayas
- Breakfast + Trek back to Jwalapur Village (~9km)
- Transfer to Panarsa(25 Km) + Lunch at Panarsa
- Photography and walk along the riverside
- Collect Luggage + Departure to Delhi, Volvo arrives at around 7 pm
- 5 Meals (2 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Dinner + Tea n Soup)- All Veg
- Washroom facility on the day of arrival in Panarsa for freshen-up
- Locker room leave any extra stuff at Panarsa
- Washroom facility on Day-2 when you come back to Panarsa
- Shared cabs from Panarsa to Jwalapur to Panarsa
- Stay at Prashar Lake (camping / homeStay / guestHouse)
- Gear (Sticks+Poncho+Snow gaiters+Day bags + Tent + Sleeping bag + Matts + Lights)
- Service of experienced guide and helping staff
- Bus/transportation fare or ticket to the starting point and return
- Non-veg and any beverages
- Porter if needed & hired
- Any extra meals/snacks/juice/water that you purchase
- Anything which is not part of inclusions above
- Delhi-Manali Volvo Drops you right at Panarsa, no cab / auto needed to reach the reorting location of homestay
- Open views during the trek from Jwalapur side
- There is plenty of water on this trek, most part of the trek is along a stream, you have to carry less water
- After the trek on Day 2 you can wait at the homestay or near the river till the Volvo arrives
- Lots of activities at the homestay to spend time (Cycling, Cricket, Foos ball, table tennis, carom, chess & board games)
- Big Lawn outside the homestay with seasonal flowers & View of river
- In case you arrive early from the trek, you can go for Rafting on Beas River
- If your plan is to go Manali , you just have to travel 60km more
- If your plan is to go Kasol, you are just 40 km away
- 8 Western Toilets & bathrooms available at the homestay which you can use on Day 1 & Day 2
- In case you have a bigger group, there is a big hall where you can stay together and enjoy
- Any extra luggage can be kept at the homestay while you trek light with limited stuff
- Bonfire has been banned on all treks by the forest department, we don’t promise the availabity of bonfire
- Camping in the fenced area near the lake is also banned by the forest department, tents will be pitched away from the lake
- 100% Refund for cancellation 5 Days before the departure
- 50% Deduction for cancellation upto 24 hrs before the departure
- No Refund for cancellation on the day of trip
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
All Volvo buses from Delhi/Chandigarh going towards Kullu/Manali go via Panarsa. You can get down at Panarsa Stop and no cab / auto needed to reach the homestay/reporting location.
52 travellers found this helpful
You can book your return bus from Kullu/Bhuntar and board the bus from Panarsa itself. Our team would help you in boarding your particular bus. After the trek on Day 2 you can wait at the our homestay or near the river till the Volvo arrives.
47 travellers found this helpful
This route offer great open views during the trek from Jwalapur side. Most part of the trek is along a stream as well.
46 travellers found this helpful
If your plan is to go Manali after the Prashar Lake trek, you just have to travel 60 kms. If your plan is to go Kasol, you are just 40 km away. Panarsa is just 60 KMs from Mandi and 20 Kms before Kullu.
45 travellers found this helpful
Sure you can if you have an extra day or we come back from trek by late afternoon. Kullu is just over 20 KMs away and our team would help you plan it once you are here.
48 travellers found this helpful
Yes, many operators offer trek route from Baggi but our trek starts from Panarasa of following reasons: 1. Convenience in reaching reporting point - Volvo drops you at Panarsa 2. The route is more scenic and less crowded 3. Homestay in Panarsa where you use washroom and locker room facility for keeping any extra luggage for the trek
₹ 2490 Per Person