Snow Camping and Photography Hiking in Manali
2 Nights/3 Days
Snow camping and winter hiking can be one of the most spellbinding experiences of your life. In a white, sugar-coated landscape, you are transported to an enchanting fairy-tale land. And that’s a story that you’ll never forget.
And this one is a perfect snow experiences for beginners and veterans adorned with a breathtaking view of The Mighty Himalayas that will leave you with an absolute and unadulterated awe, with brilliant opportunity for photographers of any level.
Meals: 2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 veg/ non-veg dinner with bonfire, hot beverages and snacks
Starting and ending point: Haripur, 16 km from Manali on the left bank on the Naggar-Manali Road
Accommodation: luxury hiking tents or in a traditional village out house or jungle log hut and in comfortable rooms at the base in Haripur.
Day 1: Haripur to Soil: Arrive at our base in Haripur by 9:00 am from where you will be greeted by your trip manager and guides. The short hike of 2-3 hours, to the ancient village of Soil starts here. Walk through lush green jungles and cross beautiful water streams to reach your destination, a truly exotic location with stunning views.
Day 2: Hike to the mystic waterfall - 4-6 hours Depending on the time of the year one can trek to these amazing waterfalls, one of them is around 150 feet and has been witnessed by only the chosen few., There's a cave beneath the waterfall, spend the night in the cave if you are up to it.
In case of too much snow we go back to soil for overnight stay after exploring. spend some time angling at this amazing spot. Later relish freshly cooked food over bonfire or just chill around the tandoor bbq amazing food
Day 3: Soil – Haripur – Manali: Return to the base at Haripur doing the ‘golden meadow hike’ in 3-4 hours and drive back to Manali.
Option of paragliding or river rafting before heading back at extra cost.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps from base in Haripur, Manali.
- Meals: 2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 veg/ non-veg dinner with bonfire, hot beverages and snacks
- Stay in tents/log hut/village out-house with all meals during the entire trek
- Services of professional MOI and BMC (ABVIMAS) qualified trekking guides. Cook and helpers. Horses/porters to carry your personal luggage (max 10 Kgs per person)
- All equipment like tents, dining, toilet tents, carry mats, sleeping bags etc.
- Currently applicable Govt. taxes
- Any form of client insurance personal, baggage, medical.
- Transport to and from Manali
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any increase in govt. service tax.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary because of natural forces like landslides, rains, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Cost of increase in stay due to any of the above reasons.
- Any medical, travel or evacuation insurance. Any other service or item not specified above.
- Any sightseeing’s in Manali
- You don’t need any ‘special’ gear for this winter trek, apart from a good pair of boots and gaiters. The trick is to layer sensibily and for temperatures dipping to zero, 3 layers are normally enough – 2 full sweaters and a jacket. Same for legs, you need layers thickness is secondary. For inners, 2 t-shirts or 3 at most are perfect. It’s simple for every 5 degree dip in temperature, add a layer.
- All guests are welcome to stay at ‘dA Base’ in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis at a nominal cost. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure 100%.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
Operator might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces. If any costs increase due to this change, the client would be requested to pay the additional amount.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
2 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
Reporting/Start Point:'dA Base', Haripur, 16 km from Manali on the left bank on the Naggar-Manali road.
₹ 3950 Per Person