Bhrigu Lake - Solang Valley Trek
2 Nights/3 Days
5 to 10 people
Located at a height of 4,300 metres (14,100 ft), Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude lake in Himachal Pradesh. Located east of Rohtang Pass, the trail to Bhrigu Lake passes through virgin lush green forests and meadows. Bhrigu Lake trek offers amazing view of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges along with those of Kullu and Solang valleys.
Bhrigu Lake lies around 6 KMs from Gulaba village, which is the starting point of this trek. The lake is not very deep and does freeze in winters. Even in summers, area around lake has some snow.
Day 1: Drive from Manali to Gulaba. Trek from Gulaba to Rola Kholi | 12,500 ft. - 7 Kms - 5 Hour trek
Report at Manali Bus Stand at 9 AM. Please arrive in Manali a day before as most of the buses arrive late. From Manali we ride in a taxi to trek starting point near Gulaba. Its a 22km ride on the road leading to Rohtang Pass. Reach Gulaba by afternoon. From there it's a 3-4 hour trek to camp-site. Rola Kholi is a scenic campsite giving excellent protection from winds.
Day 2: Rola Kholi to Bhrigu Lake (14,000 ft.) and back to Rola Kholi | 14 Kms Trek - 8 Hours
Today we have a long trek ahead of us so starting early is advisable. We leave after breakfast and start our trek towards the lake as the trail passes green meadows. Near the lake, path is through boulders and loose rocks. In summers lake is surrounded by lush green grass and flowers which makes it a captivating site. After spending considerable time at lake we return to Rola Kholi where we camp for the night.
Day 3: Trek to Gulaba and drive to Manali | 7 Kms - 5 Hour trek - 1 hour Drive
On our final morning we start a trek to Gulaba after breakfast. From Gulaba we drive towards Manali. You are expected to reach Manali by 2-3 pm.
- Meals during the trek(Day 1 Lunch till Day 3 Breakfast)
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges , if any
- Tents, Sleeping bags, mats
- Safety Equipment
- Trek guide, cook, helpers.
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Transportation from Manali to Gulaba
- Meals during road journeys
- carriage of personal rucksacks
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.
- Travel arrangement from your city to reporting base camp may be arranged at an additional cost.
- Volvo tickets may be booked for your dates on actual cost
- Additional Night at Hotel/Home Stay/Hostel may be arranged with prior information subject to availability and advance booking before and after the trek as per your budget.
- Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our travel desk at the Base Camp on actual as per the rate Transport & Taxi Union.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- Medical certificate is mandatory for all the high altitude treks for more than 3 Days duration.
- You need to bring 2 passport size photographs, valid and original government issued id proof. In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners need to pay extra amount for permits.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu)
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- If we do not get minimum strength of 5 participants in a group then we have right to cancel the group at any time
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- Rucksacks, trekking poles, raincoats are available on rent subject to availability
The Big NO
- No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
- Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items.
- Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
- After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
- Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
- Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.
- Please bring your own USB Pen drive for videos and images
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 5% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
No Show: Failing to report the reporting location till 60 mins of the scheduled reporting time may result in "No Show" - operator is not liable for any refund to the customer.
* After addition deduction of a cancellation fee of 2.5% of total amount
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Reporting/Start Point:Old Manali