Route of Glory - Spiti Adventure
Experince Spiti in this 6 Day trip that covers all places in Spiti Valley.
Day 1: Manali - Rohtang Pass- Kunzum Pass- Kaza: Distance- (220 km / 9-10 hours)
We start our Spiti valley tour from Manali, on arrived at Manali bus stop in morning our representative will greet you there. Than start your adventure trip to Spiti valley- "A Route Of Glory". We pass through the popular adventure-haven Rohtang pass at an altitude of 13,000 ft. above sea level and have breakfast at Maddi. A drive along with the major Himalayan landscape and approach Batal for lunch, we catch our first chill at the august Kunzum Pass and then descend into Losar Village, the first in Spiti valley. Kunzum La or Kunzum Pass is one of the gateways to Lahaul and Spiti valleys. It is one of India’s highest motorable mountain passes and is located in Himachal Pradesh. Popular with tourists visiting Lahaul, Spiti and Manali, Kunzum Pass offers spectacular views of Bara-Sigri, the second longest glacier in the world. Having warmed up with a chai, we continue driving through the stunning landscape and reach Kaza where we spend the night at a comfortable hotel.
Day 2: Kaza - Ki Monastery -Kibber Village- Kaza: Duration Of Visit: (3-4 Hrs)
We hit the road again for a short drive today, we visit the world famous Ki monastery is situated at a height of 13,668 feet. This monastery is famous as a prominent centre of learning as well as refuge for Tibetans. Being remotely located atop a hill overlooking endless plains, the Ki Monastery is an obvious choice for those seeking peace and calm. Around 350 monks, including many students from surrounding villages, live here. An atmospheric puja is held in the new prayer hall every morning at around 8 am. Kibber village is located at a height of 4205 m and 18 km from Kaza, this formerly highest permanently inhabited village of this region, is also a popular base camp to embark on adventure and treks to adjoining mountains of high altitude. Overnight at Hotel In Kaza.
Day 3: Kaza -Pin Valley – Tabo: Distance-(50 Km / 2 hours)
Travel from Kaza to Pin valley, the land of Ibex and Snow Leopards visit Kungri monastery at Pin valley. Southeast of Kaza, the Spiti River is joined by the Pin River, flowing out of a wind-scoured but beautiful valley from the heights of the Great Himalayan Range. Geological strata tilted at all conceivable angles, including vertical, bear witness to the immense tectonic forces that created the world's mightiest mountains.
We continue on our Spiti Valley tour and visit Tabo, also known as the 'Ajanta of the Himalayas', Tabo houses the 1010 year-old Tabo Monastery – which is a UNESCO world heritage site and is famous for its ancient paintings that depict the life of The Buddha, and intricate portraits of gods and demons along with life-size statues of bodhisattvas, in a fusion of western Tibetan, Indian and Kashmiri styles.
After spending a couple of hours at Tabo, we drive towards Dhankar. Perched high above the confluence of the Spiti and Pin River, in a hidden bowl, is the tiny hamlet of Dhankar, you explore the 1200-year-old Dhankar Gompa which perches precariously between eroded rocky pinnacles on the edge of a cliff. Overnight stay at Guest-house.
Day 4: Tabo – Dhankar-Komic -Langza: Distance-(50 Km / 2 hours)
After a delicious breakfast, visit Tabo & than drive toward the highest village in Asia, Komik, which literally translates to 'eye of a snow cock', is situated at a height of 4513 metres. This farming village has a population of 84 people, living in utter isolation, cut-off from the rest of the world for most parts of the year.. Some of the common animals of the region are the Tibetan wolf, blue sheep, red fox, hare, snow cock, Himalayan griffin, rock pigeon etc.
After spending a few hours at Komic, we drive to Langza. Langza village is situated at an altitude of 4400 meters and belongs to the Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Langza houses a population of 137 in 33 households. Once you are here, you can walk about the village and visit the ancient Lang (Temple) which is estimated to be around 1000 years old.enjoy night stay with villagers at their home.
Day 5: Langza -Chandratal Lake: Distance - (85 Km/14,000 feet / 5-6 hours)
Today, we commence our journey back home and trace our steps back on Manali road. However, we take one last stop at another Spitian wonder – Chandratal Lake. The mystical and beautiful Chandratal Lake, which translates to Moon Lake, is located at a height of 14,100 feet. The Chandra Bhaga mountain range forms a striking backdrop for the lake, which changes appearance according to the pictures painted in the sky.
After capturing the colours of the beautiful Chandratal Lake, we drive to our camping site where a hot supper under the gaze of a million stars and the Milky Way awaits us. Over-night at Chandratal lake camps.
Day 6: Chandratal Lake - Manali Drop: Distance - (140 Km/ 7-8 hours)
With visuals of the stunning Chandratal Lake captured in minds and cameras, we continue tracing our steps back, driving on the Kaza – Manali road and after a few hours of driving and some more stunning landscape, we pass through the famous Rohtang Pass and reach Manali. On arrived Manali in evening, drop at Manali bus stop & you can take an overnight bus to Delhi / we can help you arrange a private taxi from Manali to Chandigarh / New Delhi.
- Pick Up From Manali Bus Stop By SUV Cab.
- Drop At Manali Bus Stop By SUV Cab.
- Assistance On Arrival & Departure In Manali.
- Accommodation For 2 Nights Stay In Kaza.
- Accommodation For 1 Nights Stay In Tabo.
- Accommodation For 1 Night Stay In Lnagza Village At Home Stay.
- Accommodation For 1 Night Stay At Chandratal At Camps.
- 06 Days All Sightseeing In Spiti Valley By SUV (Mahindra Scorpio / Innova/ Xylo).
- Meal On MAPAI Basis ( Bed Tea + Breakfast+ Dinner).
- Accommodation On Triple Sharing Basis.
- Welcome drink on arrival (Non Alcoholic i.e. Tea etc...)
- MAP Meal Plan – 05 Tea , 05 Breakfasts & 05 Dinners.
- 06 Days All Sightseeing In Spiti Valley By SUV (Mahindra Scorpio / Innova/ Xylo).
- Inclusive the Taxes (Parking, Toll Tax, Luxury Tax, Green Tax, Fuel Exp. and Driver Exp. etc.)
- Monument entrance fee / Camera fees.
- Any personal expensive – laundry, shopping, tip etc.
- Air fare / Train fare.
- Any adventure activity skiing, paragliding, River Rafting etc.
- Meal other than specified.
- Luggage Charges in AC Volvo.
- The Price Will Revise In Case Of Any Change In Package During Trip.
- Earlier Check In Will Be Subject To Availability.
- High altitude travel are adventure activities and the rates do not cover any insurance, risk cover, damages, claims etc. A person coming on adventure tour has to be covered for adventure travel & activities apart from normal travel insurance. Wild Lotus Travels or any of its service providers would not be liable in any case for any mishap/ loss etc.
- It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind (High Altitude Travel or Adventure Tour) to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to rain, landslides, snow, flood, conflict, internal flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle problems, political closures and disputes. Any alterations in programs and any extra expenses thus incurred due to any reason beyond our control has to be settled directly if such charges come up to make necessary amendments and arrangements for a safe passage. Failing direct settlement of expenses, the company in operation would have to furnish us a guarantee of payment in writing and make payments before the tour services terminates.
- While traveling in Trans Himalayan regions (Spiti – Kinnaur & ladakh) if due to any unforeseen circumstances like rain, landslides etc, the itinerary may have to be changed at last minute. In case there are any last minute changes due to operational problems, there are no refunds or compensation associated with it. However, if the costs go up due to changed itinerary the guests may have to pay supplement costs for changed itinerary and ground arrangements.
- For travel to Ldakh & Kinnaur Spiti or high altitude tour or for any other high altitude tour a person should be covered under travel insurance and the insurance should also include adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter. Our tour cost donot include any travel insurance/ repatriation charges/ damages/ claims etc incase of any eventuality.
- We advise that the Indian nationals carry some identity proof along with him/ her during his/ her tour to Kinnaur & Spiti regions like driving license or voter I card or passport. This at time may be required to show at Army check posts while traveling from one place to other (in rare cases Army check posts may ask for an identity proof). Foreign nationals should also have all travel documents in original.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Manali Bus Stop