Hampta Pass Trek - Luxury - 5 Days with 2 Nights in Luxury Swiss Tents
4 Nights/5 Days
2 to 12 people
Hampta Pass Trek is initiation to the HImalayan trekking. The trail to Hampta Pass combines 2 different side of the Himachal for you. Kullu and Lahaul are two adjoining districts and are separated by the formidable Rohtang La. Rohtang La is snow bound from October to June. Both the valleys are geographically quite different. The Kullu/Manali valleys are green with thick forest cover and heavy rains. However, Lahaul is in a rain-shadow area with partial Trans-Himalayan barrenness.
- Hampta Pass
- 2 nights camping in Sethan - Swiss tents with attached bath
Route: Manali - Pirni - Chikka - Hampta Pass - Sethan - Rohtang Pass - Manali.
Day 1: Manali – Prini - Sethan (2800m)
pick up time at Prini- 11:00 am
As part of our “Mountaineerz safety Protocol’, the guests are requested to join us at our camp in Sethan, Manali. Pickup will be arranged at 11:30 am at the barrier in Prini. if coming on your own, you can either hike to Sethan from Manali or drive. Unwind and refresh yourself at this beautiful campsite nestled in a Deodhar forest at an altitude of 9200 feet. Acclimatize and explore surroundings. Please ensure you are properly geared up for the trek. Any last minute shopping can be done from Manali. Guests will then meet the team and staff in order to get comfortable with them and to clarify any doubts. The guides and team leads will share the Dos and Don’ts of the trek. Enjoy some delicious dinner around a bonfire with the group and retire early in luxury Swiss tents.
The participants are requested to gather at our base camp in Sethan latest by 3 pm
Day 2: Sethan – Chikka - Bhalu ka Ghera (3530m)
After a hearty breakfast and a de-brief, we will start the trek. The trail alternates between thick forests and open grounds to Chikka. The trek crosses many glacial streams over improvised wooden bridges. Beautiful forested peaks are visible from Chikka after 3 or 4 hrs of scrambling. From here, we will get an excellent view of Deo Tibba and Indrasan group of peaks. When we arrive at Chikka, we will break for lunch and head on to Baloo ka Ghera. The trail continues to the alpine meadows which are full of interesting flora, crossing stream at Juara, glacial features of the surrounding mountains can be seen along the way. Bhalu ka Ghera, also known as the Bear’s Circle, is the place where brown bears are said to hibernate during winters and during the right time of the year, several species of wild flowers can be seen. It is a beautiful camping spot and we will camp here for the night.
Day 3: Bhalu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass (4270 m) to Bhalu Ka Ghera (7-8 hrs - moderate trek)
Day 4: Bhalu Ka Ghera - Sethan (7 hrs trek)
Day 5: Sethan - Prini. Manali (1 hr drive )
After breakfast we drive to Prini. the trip ends here. we'll part ways here to meet soon.
- Services of experienced lead guide (MOI) and qualified assistant guides and trek coordinator.
- Porter/pony for equipment and camping gear
- Stay in tents
- All meals during camping on the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- All meals during travel and at dhabas.
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and decrease/increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Porter/pony for your personal gear
- Meals at the basecamp (available at Rs. 150 per person per meal during complimentary stay)
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Failing to report at the reporting time till 3 hours will be considered as a "No-show" case.
- The trek can be customized and facilitated for 1 participant also and for fixed departures we take max. 6 participants in one group - In case of less then 2 members commute will be made through public transport.
- In case you are travelling by your own car, we suggest you arrive directly at our basecamp located in Haripur (address will be shared after booking), 14-16 km from Manali on the Naggar road, the day before the start of the trek.
- Participants are expected to have a reasonably good fitness level.
- In the trek, if the group size is not met, the trek will not be cancelled; however we will travel in public transport.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days - 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure - No refund
Please Note: Failure to show up at reporting point (till 3 hours of the reporting time) - Would be considered as a NO SHOW case and Operator has right to cancel the trip with No Refund.
- Any additional expenses which might occur due to delays, weather disruptions, medical evacuation etc. would need to be borne by the participants as per actual. All overstay due to delay beyond our control would be charged on pro-rata based as per tour cost for planned days.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or like, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Operator reserves the right to change the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances such as due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- In case the road from Chatru to Chandertaal is not open we will camp at Chatru.
- No refund will be payable to any client who voluntarily leaves a trip in the middle.
- In case any participant falls sick or is injured during the program, the medical, travel, porter and any other expenses has to be borne by the concerned individual. However, primary medical facilities will be made available wherever possible.
- Once the tour starts and is cancelled due to any reason beyond our control, the Company reserves the right for the payment of refunds to the client and will be on Company's discretion.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- In case the strength falls below the stipulated group strength or the Client can travel as individual travelers, then a different rate i.e. not group rate would be applicable. If the company cancels the trip due to group size, 100% refund would be given.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
2 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
₹ 6500 Per Person