Winter Chandrakhani Trek
3 Nights/4 Days
English & Hindi
Chandrakhani pass is a well known summer trek but if you are a fan of trekking through snow then don’t hold back, Chandrakhani can fill your craving for snow too. Located in the Pir Panjal range of the Kullu valley and is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful passes that Mother Earth has to offer. Brace yourself to get 5 to 6 feet of snow and subzero temperature. But no matter the colour, let it be green or white this part of earth will take your breath away with its unparalleled beauty.
- Pulag village forest, snow white Forests of Deodar, Pine and Chestnut
- Shepherd Encampments
- Views of mighty Mount Hanuman Tibba and Indrasan Peak
Day Wise Plan
Day-1: Arrive at Haripur basecamp
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhal’, about 15 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base camp located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base camp to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day-2: Haripur - Chakki – Pulag (3 hours)
After having a early breakfast (8 am) we will then drive to Chakki to commence the trek. From Chakki, the trek is 2-3 hours long and everything will be under snow. Pulag is located high above the village of Naggar and is the beginning of the path that leads to Chandrakhani Pass and Malana on the other side. Once we reach Pulag, you can relax at a local home stay. Enjoy some good food and a warm bonfire before a cozy sleep.
Day-3: Pulag - Chandrakhani Pass - back to Pulag
Early in the morning, our trek will begin from Pulag. Tread through white meadows and woods with snow capped trees. As we go higher, the amount of snow gradually increases. We shall travel as far as the weather will allow before settling down for some snow hiking and photographs. Enjoy some time at an altitude of over 3200 mts in a winter landscape. After a while, we will head back to Pulag by retracing our steps. Once there, enjoy some warmth and company over dinner and bonfire.
Day-4: Pulag - Chakki - Haripur
Start the day with a healthy breakfast before leaving for Chakki. After the short walk, you can either head to Manali or Patlikuhal for your evening bus. Estimated completion time 2 pm.
- 1 night stay at the basecamp in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up from Patlikuhal bus stand at a specified time
- Stay in Himalayan Village house during trek.
- All meals during the trek beginning from breakfast on Day-2 till lunch on Day-4 (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Meals on Day-1 at basecamp
- Any Insurance
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Personal expenses (like calls, beverage, bottled drinking water, laundry etc.)
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in number of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, sickness etc.
- Trekking Shoes (No sports shoes) - Shoes with a good hard sole and also ankle support preferable water proof. Suggestion for shoe - Quechua Forclaz 600 or similar from any brand.
- 2-3 pairs of cotton socks
- 1-2 pair of woolen socks
- Pants: 2-3 pairs -Ideal are quick dry light weight synthetic pants. No jeans/denims.
- T-shirts 2-3 pairs–Full sleeves.
- Synthetic fleece facket -1 pair.
- Wind proof/ Water proof Jacket -1 pair.
- Heavy insulated jacket – 1 pair
- Thermal liners-1 pair upper and lower
- Toiletries -Sunscreen SPF 40+, Moisturizer, Lip balm, Soap, Toilet paper.
- Water Bottle- Ideally keep two bottles 1 litre each.
- Trekking Pole -Optional.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya necessarily would not always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes and for this trek in particular we strongly suggest keeping one extra day handy.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing. Avoid Denims.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- 15 days or more prior to departure - 100% refund.
- 14 to 7 days prior to departure - 50% refund
- Less than 7 days prior to departure: no refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
5 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
2 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
3 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.