Manali Igloo Affair-1 Night Adventure
When everything glows in the ethereal and white light of fresh snow, the sense of adventure that is inherent to the wilderness in white is a force beyond reckoning. If you are an adventure & adrenalin junkie or even if you are not, if you are a creature of leisure or even if you are not, if you see a new light in every sunrise or even if you don’t, if you are centred & connected or even if you are not, no matter who you are….do yourselves a favour…..come and celebrate the wild and be reborn.
Come winters, and the mind’s eye sees snow, white all around, snow capped mountains, snow sports and fun in the sun shine. Living in an Igloo is what we imagined and wanted when we read about in our text books. Now, it is just a matter of reaching Hampta and you get to stay and live like an Eskimo.
- The Igloo experience
- Wilderness cottage experience
- Snow experience
- Snow shoeing
- Snow hike
Day 1: Guests are requested to report at Prini, 2 km from Manali by 10 am where the support team will receive you to take you to Sethan. After checking in at the beautiful traditional Himachali home stay or a guest house, unwind and soak in the atmosphere around you. Spend the trying out snow activities like:
- Skiing (available at additional cost of Rs.1500 per person)
- Snow shoeing (available at additional cost of Rs.1500 per person)
Learn the art of walking in the snow and manouvering it. In the evening, we will return to our cosy little igloos. Have a great dinner around a bon fire before snuggling in to your sleeping bags.
Day 2: Breathe in the clean fresh mountain air as you witness sunrise over the mighty Pir Panjal Range. After a nutritious breakfast, drive back to the Lodge for freshening up and packing. From there, we drop you off at Manali where you are free to explore the town and later catch your evening bus.
What to expect?
- After the guests arrive in Manali, they will be received at Prini and driven to Sethan from where we head for snow activities at the Igloo campsite. Stay in an Igloo, warmed with lining of sleeping bags, tucked in with warm water bottles to shake off the last traces of cold.
- Dinner and bon fire
- Breakfast on day-2 and get dropped to Manali.
- Option to paraglide from Hampta to Manali at additional cost of Rs.3200 per person
- 1 night stay in igloo with warm feather sleeping bags, foam mattress and hot water bottles
- All meals from Lunch on Day-1 till breakfast on Day-2 with refreshments, soup and hot drinks
- All local transportation as per the itinerary in group vehicles
- Snow dress at igloo stay
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above "Inclusions" section.
- Expense of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc.
- Entry fee for all monuments and places of interest, if any.
- Medical, Insurance and Evacuation charges.
- Airfares, Train ticket, Bus fare, if any.
- Lunch on Day-2.
- Any cost incurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
- It can get very cold and wet in the snow. Make sure that you are layered up (at least 4 layers in the evening). Please use water proof and high ankle shoes for comfort and carry extra change of inner thermal wear and other clothing
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non–biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseen circumstances, such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellations). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
- In case the journey is broken off early upon the client’s own wish or causes, Operator shall not be liable to any refund of the days not utilized. Clients will have to pay for hotel or any extra costs incurred after leaving the itinerary.
- The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However, the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but is not a contractual obligation- changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseen circumstances. No refund will be given for unused services or unrealized dreams.
- Operator shall not be liable to refund of any Bank charges deducted while making the bank transaction.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.