Manali Igloo Affair-1 Night Adventure
When everything glows in the ethereal and white light of fresh snow, the sense of adventure that is inherent to the wilderness in white is a force beyond reckoning. If you are an adventure & adrenalin junkie or even if you are not, if you are a creature of leisure or even if you are not, if you see a new light in every sunrise or even if you don’t, if you are centred & connected or even if you are not, no matter who you are….do yourselves a favour…..come and celebrate the wild and be reborn.
Come winters, and the mind’s eye sees snow, white all around, snow capped mountains, snow sports and fun in the sun shine. Living in an Igloo is what we imagined and wanted when we read about in our text books. Now, it is just a matter of reaching Hampta and you get to stay and live like an Eskimo.
- The Igloo experience
- Wilderness cottage experience
- Snow experience
- Snow shoeing
- Snow hike
Day 1: Guests are requested to report at Prini, 2 km from Manali by 10 am where the support team will receive you to take you to Sethan. After checking in at the beautiful traditional Himachali home stay or a guest house, unwind and soak in the atmosphere around you. Spend the trying out snow activities like:
- Skiing (available at additional cost of Rs.1500 per person)
- Snow shoeing (available at additional cost of Rs.1500 per person)
Learn the art of walking in the snow and manouvering it. In the evening, we will return to our cosy little igloos. Have a great dinner around a bon fire before snuggling in to your sleeping bags.
Day 2: Breathe in the clean fresh mountain air as you witness sunrise over the mighty Pir Panjal Range. After a nutritious breakfast, drive back to the Lodge for freshening up and packing. From there, we drop you off at Manali where you are free to explore the town and later catch your evening bus.
What to expect?
- After the guests arrive in Manali, they will be received at Prini and driven to Sethan from where we head for snow activities at the Igloo campsite. Stay in an Igloo, warmed with lining of sleeping bags, tucked in with warm water bottles to shake off the last traces of cold.
- Dinner and bon fire
- Breakfast on day-2 and get dropped to Manali.
- Option to paraglide from Hampta to Manali at additional cost of Rs.3200 per person
- 1 night stay in igloo with warm feather sleeping bags, foam mattress and hot water bottles
- All meals from Lunch on Day-1 till breakfast on Day-2 with refreshments, soup and hot drinks
- All local transportation as per the itinerary in group vehicles
- Snow dress at igloo stay
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.