Manali Village Hike & Camping
The adventure takes on a whole new meaning with the onset of winters in the mountains. In winters, Manali feels like a different world. Once it snows, the entire landscape transforms into bright white wonderland.. Get lost in the charm of Manali and the beautiful Solang valley.Your stay with us may be short but we will attempt to show you all that is the essence of Manali, a snow-clad landscape with pristine streams, high waterfalls, mystical lakes and a land custom made for adventure. And that’s just the start. So come on over and experience a side to Manali that most people don’t see.
- Jungle camping at an exotic location
- Explore Manali and Old Manali
- The Golden Meadow Trail Hike
- River Rafting (seasonal)
- Exotic wildlife and bird watching
- Adventure activities available
Day-1: Arrive in Haripur, Manali and take the Golden Meadow Hike
Day-2: Explore Jana heritage village & famous Jana waterfall - Explore Naggar - Overnight stay at the base camp
Day-3: Explore Manali & Old Manali - Visit Solang valley
Day-1: Arrive in Haripur, Manali and take the Golden Meadow Hike - Option for Fishing activity
- 9:00 am: Pick up from Patlikuhal – Check-in at the base camp in Haripur and relax for some time after breakfast.
- Short day hike: the golden meadow hike. Trek through the oak and deodar forests with splendid views. Indulge in angling (seasonal) in the glacial stream of Soil and Haripur, renowned for its trout. Spend the day chilling at the exotic and beautiful location in the thick Himalayan jungle.
- Lunch in the village at own cost.
- Overnight camping in the Himalayan village. Bonfire with dinner and BBQ with friends and family.
- Please Note: In case of bad weather, overnight stay be done in a traditional style Himachali village home.
Day-2: Explore Jana heritage village & famous Jana waterfall - Explore Naggar - Overnight stay at the base camp - Option for Paragliding & Ziplining at additional cost
- After breakfast - Guests have the option to take the Paragliding activity (available at additional cost - Rs.3200 per person). Paraglide and high fly from one of the best and safest take off points in the valley. OR Guest could opt to relax longer at the basecamp post breakfast.
- Later, we drive to the heritage village of Jana.
- Lunch (pure Himachali cuisine) at the Jana waterfall.
- We will then drive down to explore the ancient capital of Kullu – Naggar.
- Places of visit: Naggar Castle - Roerich gallery - Photography hike to the Krishna temple
- Ziplining (said to be highest and the longest in the country) - Available at an additional cost of Rs.1500 per person
- Explore the ancient village of Halan on the way back to the base camp. Dinner and overnight stay at the base camp.
Day-3: Explore Manali and Old Manali & Drive to Solang Valley - Departure
- After breakfast at the base camp, we will drive up to Manali to explore this charming town.
- Places of visit: Hadimba Devi temple – an ancient cave temple. The temple is adorned with an intricately carved wooden façade. Visit the Monastery in Manali. Walk through Old Manali, which is literally another world in itself. Visit the Manu Temple and then leave for Solang.
- Later, get dropped at Manali bus stand.
- Accommodation at basecamp at twin sharing basis
- Accommodation in camps triple/Quad sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast & Dinner (veg & non-veg)
- High-grade camping equipment
- Services of experienced guides
- Services of a cook and helper staff
- Angling with a guide
- BBQ and firewood cost
- Transportation as per itinerary in shared vehicle
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies
- Any kind of entry fees charged
- Pick-up from Manali
- Personal luggage porterage - Available at Rs.500 per 10 kg bag. To be paid on the spot.
- Meals: Lunch on all days
- Incidental and medical expenses
- Cost for any adventure activities
- Any form of insurance
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Anything not specified in "Inclusions"
- Carry photo IDs with Xerox
- Wear clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing during the winter season
- A pair of good walking shoes is a must
- Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be used and littered.
- Toilet during the camping will be common dry pit toilets
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseen circumstances, such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellations). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
3 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
₹ 6500 Per Person