Manali Snow Adventure: Snowcraft, Snowshoeing, Sledging and Igloo Making
Enjoy staying in an offbeat village-Hampta, covered in snow, a good place to test your Igloo and snowman making skills.
Our adventure with the snow will be in Hampta and Sethan which are very off-beat locations and are on a project road. We will drive you to the exclusive location for your experience with the snow. From learning Snowcraft and how to make an Igloo to survival techniques in snow and from taking in some great views while on a snow trek to enjoying some adrenaline pumping snow activities like Skiing and Snow Shoeing in the snow land, we have it all for you.
So, do remember to layer up and gear up with some good shoes and have the best 2 days in the powder snow of Hampta and Sethan.
- Igloo & Snow-man Making
- Snow Shoeing
- Survival techniques
- Snow hike
- Bon-fire and amazing food
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
- After reaching Manali, meet the team at Prini Village, 2 km from Manali.
- From here, the guests will be driven to the exotic location in Hampta by a representative of the team. The guests will be assisted in checking-in to a home-stay or a traditional Himachali home here.
- Have breakfast and gear up for a day of adventure in snow land. We will then leave for a snow hike and walk up to the snow point.
- Make sure you are properly layered up and have waterproof shoes on - Gumboots work well and are easily available in your home city or even in Manali.
- Learn the art of 'Snowcraft' under the expert guidance of snow experts. Try your hands on Igloo and snow-man building. We'll go snow-sledging for some exciting time.
- If you wish, we can take you on a guided hike on virgin trails leading to some awesome locations. Enjoy hot freshly cooked lunch in the sun in the snow.
- After dinner, enjoy sitting around a bonfire at the homestay.
Day 2: Checkout day
- Wake up to a great snow-clad view of the mighty Dhauladhar and Pir Panjaal range.
- Post breakfast you'll have time to explore the surroundings.
- The guests will be dropped at Prini, Manali. As you will have time at your hand, explore this charming town and have lunch in one of the lovely cafes in Old Manali.
- Guest have the option to opt for adventure activities like Paragliding from one of the best takeoff points in the valley and go Zip Lining which is the highest and the longest in the country.
- All road transfers - Pirni to Pirni
- Two Breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Woodfire BBQ and bonfire
- Snow-shoeing, Sledging and Igloo making with instructor and equipment
- Accommodation in homestay on twin/triple/quad sharing basis
- Service of experienced guides and support staff
- Any permits
- Cost for paragliding/zip lining/skiing & snow-shoeing - Available at additional cost during booking
- Transport from and to your home city
- Porter for personal stuff and baggage
- Medical and evacuation and rescue expenses
- Any expenses of the personal kind
- Anything not specified in inclusions above
- Wear clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing
- A pair of good walking shoes is a must
- Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be used and littered.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseen circumstances, such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air tickets cancellations). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
₹ 2450 Per Person