Fishing In Coorg
2 to 20 people
An exhilarating fishing experience in Coorg and a delicious Kodava lunch.
Valnoor fishing camp in Coorg offers professional anglers a great place for sportfishing. Try your luck in catching the ‘Mahasheer’ also known as the" Indian salmon”, and ‘Tiger’ in the water. A large Mahasheer may weigh between 30-35 kgs. The Valnoor fishing camp lies in the backwaters of the Cauvery River and is set amongst thousands of acres of coffee plantations and wild forest. After enjoying fishing end your day with a delicious Kodava lunch
- An ample opportunity for the ones interested in angling
- Interact with the local people
- Arrive at the Fishing Camp in the morning.
- Indulge in Mahasheer Fishing around 10 am
- Enjoy the traditional Kodava lunch
- Continue fishing sessions for 2-3 more hours.
- Entry fees
- Fishing license
- Service of an expert guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop
- Fishing rod
- Anything not specified in inclusions above
- The preferred way of fishing is by the lure, however, spinning, bait fishing and freshwater fly fishing methods can also be employed.
- All fish caught must be released into the water and are restricted to a specified number of fishes per day.
- Fishing in the dark is prohibited due to elephant menace.