Kareri Lake 4-Day Trek
Day-1: McLeodganj to Kareri Village Camp
- Reach Mcleodganj early in the morning by 9:00 am, freshen up and have quick tea/coffee.
- Later we will begin the Kareri Lake trek, and in its first phase, hike to the camp at Kareri Village.
- The climb is not difficult at all, and will take you through dense but beautiful pine jungles. As you tread along the trail for 4-5 hours, you will pass by a number of small villages.
- Most of the journey involves trekking down the mountains, and only the last part has some climbing. The village you are walking towards is atop a ridge, and has an altitude of around 5905 feet.
Day-2: Kareri Village Camp to Reoti Camp
- Upon waking up, start the next section of Kareri Lake trekking, and gear up for a tough climb.
- Today you will walk for anywhere between 4 and 5 hours, but the journey will be highly rewarding.
- The path goes along a narrow mountainous river, named Fund, which will have to be crossed again and again.
- Some crossings consist of makeshift bridges while others will have to be negotiated by walking on riverine boulders.
- Your campsite for the night will be beautiful and velvety alpine grassland, which has an elevation of approximately 8038 feet above sea level.
Day-3: Reoti to Kareri Lake (10170 feet)
- What follows is the most important part of Kareri Lake trekking tour as it will take you to your final destination of the hike.
- The ensuing 4 hours of treading along the mountains will take you to the base of Minkiani Pass, where the lake is situated.
- This is also the most scenic part of the entire trip, and once you start walking, you will know why.
- You will first walk on a narrow, rocky and muddy track, lined with thickly forested mountains on one side, and a river gorge on the other. As the region is not too high, you will see coniferous as well as deciduous trees along the way. High above the ground, the mountains may be obscured by clouds.
- As you continue your Kareri Lake trek, you will keep gaining altitude, and the vegetation will start becoming less dense.
- After a while, you will be walking on quite a rough trail. You will now tread along another rocky river, and the altitude of the region will result in the disappearance of deciduous trees. Only towering spruces and firs along with lush grass will be seen. Here the clouds may be right at the surface, and you might get the opportunity to pass through them. The campsite for this night will be another enchanting meadow, and from here you will be able to see Minkiani Pass, Baleni Pass and a valley below.
Day-4: Kareri Lake to Kareri Village |On to McLeodganj
- This day, you end Kareri Lake trekking and hike down to a place known as Ghera.
- Trek down along the river and coniferous forests of firs and spruce, and as you lose elevation, the vegetation will keep becoming denser. After you lose a significant amount of elevation, tall deodar trees will start appearing, and the grass will become lush.
- At Ghera, you will board a Jeep and drive all the way to McLeodganj.
- We are expected to reach Mcleodganj by 1:00 pm before lunchtime.
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents,sleeping bags (Holofill) and sleeping mats
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food. (Food Cycle starts with Lunch on Day 1 and ends with pack breakfast on Day 4)
- Guide, cook and camp helpers
- Tent pitching Demo , Bonfire at night (weather permitting)
- Excursion to nearby hills
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.