Kangchenjunga – the third highest mountain in the world, provides an inspiring backdrop for the Goechala Trek. Goecha la trek is classic Himalayan trek in beautiful state of Sikkim. Sikkim is emerging as perfect destination for odd traveler who is looking for an experience and not just holidays. During Goechala trek discover a mystical wonderland of spectacular natural beauty. Trekking in Sikkim is overgenerous with panorama perfection of snow capped Himalayas, the heady scent of Juniper & rhododendron laden meadows, gushing clouds and thick forests. The crowning glory of Sikkim Trekking is Mt Khangchendzonga the third highest mountain in the world which is ubiquitous in the entire treks in Darjeeling and Sikkim.
- Goechala trek & Sikkim is renowned for its orchid’s flowers garland
- The Himalayan bear, multicolored pheasants and a fusion of birds
- Views of awesome summits of Pandim, Tenzing, Kabru South, Frey peak and Sleeping Buddha and more peaks of the Sikkim Himalayas
- The southeast face of Kanchenjunga, the world’s third highest mountain, is viewable from the Goechala pass
Day 1 : – Drive from New Jalpaiguri to Yuksom (5,800ft).
Day 2 : – Trek from Yuksom (5,800 feet) to Sachen (7,200 feet). 4 hours.
Day 3 : – Trek from Sachen (7,200 feet) – Tshoka (9,650 feet). 4 hours
Day 4 : – Trek from Tshoka (9,650 feet) – Dzongri (12,980 feet) via Phedang (12,050 feet). 5-6 hours
Day 5 : – Explore the beauty of Dzongri. Dzongri (12980ft) to Dzongri top and back.
Day 6 : – Trek from Dzongri to Thansing via Kockchurang (12096ft).6 hours.
Day 7 : – Thansing (12894ft) to Lamuney (13,693ft).
Day 8 : – Trek from Lamuney (13,693ft) to Goechala (16,000ft) and back
Day 9 : – Trek from Kokchurang to Tshoka via Phedang. 6-7 hours.
Day 10 : – Trek from Tshoka to Yuksom via Bhakim and Sachen. 6 hours.
Day 11 : – Drive back to NJP.
- Accommodation (Camping & Hotel Stay)
- Meals while on trek(Veg)
- Trekking Equipment
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- Transport from NJP and return (as per Goechala Trek itinerary)
- Air/Train fare to/from New Jalpaiguri
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Difficulty: Difficult trek.
Altitude: Goechala 16,000 feet (4880 mts).
Pick-up Point: Siliguri Railway station / Bagdogra airport.
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra is the nearest airport. It is 25 kms away from NJP or Siliguri. [NJP and Siliguri are sister towns next to eachother]
Base Camp: Yuksom near Jorethang in Sikkim
Best Season: April last week to May end; Mid September to October end. It is also possible to trek in Nov and Dec but gets dry and very cold.
Snow: Light snow cover in Sep/Oct on the higher reaches.
Temperature: Day: 13° to 20°C and night: 2° to 7°C. .
Rains: Rains start end of May until mid September.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
New Jalpaiguri Railway Station