Baratang, Mayabunder and Diglipur
3 Nights/4 Days
Port Blair Hotel
Baratang, journey through narrow mangrove forest on a boat, Limestone caves-the place where you will stand awestruck watching natures architectural skills and to top it off Baratang is home to the only known examples of mud volcanoes in India. It will be a visit you won’t regret.
Mayabunder Island offers the most scenic beauty of the Mangrove Creeks, the breathtaking Karmatanga beach and Avis Island. It is of 240 km by road. The island is famous for the Karen members of the Burmese Hill tribe who populated the village since the British. This is an off-beat island for those who want to avoid the obvious tourist places and the crowd. Karmatang beach which is located here offers eco-friendly sit outs are also famous for its turtle nesting ground. The water is clean and clear just like its environment.
The main attraction of Diglipur is visiting Smith and Ross Islands. The virgin beaches of twin islands and the pristine blue water will steal away your time and the day will be over before you know it. One side of the Island is backwaters and the other sea. Don’t be surprised to see several sea creatures crawling on the beach. These Islands are some of the few places in Andaman least visited by humans.
A walk through the thick mangroves of Daninallah, a visit to the Yerreta Mangrove Park and the calmness of the Moriluece dera beach where you can enjoy the breeze and the blue sea without a huge crowd. Rangat will give you the perfect farewell to your Andaman tour.
You can cover Andaman’s hidden treasure places like Baratang, Mayabunder,Diglipur and Rangat within the 4 days trip to Port Blair.
- Visit the pristine beaches of Mayabunder & Diglipur
- Boat Ride to Tropical Rainforest Drive and Mangrove
- A trip to Avis Island (option)
Early morning walk through the dense forest of Baratang, a visit to the Limestone Cave and Mud Volcano which is on the way. Later proceed to Mayabunder for an overnight stay.
Check out from the hotel, visit Karmatang beach. Visit to Avis Island can be arranged on request. Avis Island trip requires a half an hour charter boat journey from jetty and after spending few hours we get back on the same boat and back to jetty. Overnight stay at Diglipur. Other Islands like Interview Island, Steward Island, Guitar Island & Brother Island can be seen on the way.
Visit Ross & Smith Island, Diglipur. Checkout from the hotel and leave for Rangat, visit Dhaninallah mangrove walkway and overnight stay at Rangat.
Check out from the hotel, visit Morice Dera beach, Yeratta mangrove park and return to Port Blair by evening.
- Mayabunder - Standard Double AC rooms at Hotel Sea N Sand.
- Diglipur - Deluxe Double AC rooms at Pristine Beach Resort
- Rangat - Standard Double AC Room at Priya International.
- AC or Non-AC Sumo/Scorpio/Tavera/Ertiga or equivalent vehicle for sightseeing as per the above itinerary.
- Passenger ferry charges.
- Boat charges for visiting Limestone Cave, Baratang and Ross & Smith Islands, Diglipur.
- Children below 5 years are complimentary everywhere.
- Any permit charges
- Lunch & Dinner not included in this package.
- Boat charges to Avis Island is not included in the package cost, choose add-on while booking.
- Accommodation in Port Blair
- If you want extra bed for children then they are counted as adults, otherwise child price apply.
- Certificate with regard to claim of vehicle hire charge shall if required be issued on completion of the tour for the component of vehicle hire.
- The package tour is subject to weather conditions.
- The itinerary of the package tour is subject to change based on boat schedule and weekly off of sightseeing places.
- Avis Island is a no man’s land. Kindly carry necessary food, water and required items etc.
- Only day visits are permitted to Avis Island. No accommodation or boarding is allowed.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The route to Baratang Island passes through Jarwa Tribal areas where entry is restricted and allowed only in convoys four times a day from both sides. We need to join 6am or 9am convoys while going to come be able to back on same day. To make it to convoy start point we need to leave at 3.30am or 6.30am.
51 travellers found this helpful
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
56 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Port Blair
₹ 7990 Per Person