Munnar,Thekkady and Alleppey 5 Day Trip from Kochi with Stay
In this exciting 4 nights and 5 days trip, explore the most popular destinations of Kerala namely Munnar, Thekkady and Alleppey which are surrounded with the lush green forests and scenic views around.
- Witness the hill stations and their tea estates.
- Enjoy a comfortable houseboat stay at Alleppey.
- Drive amidst the lush green forests of Thekkady.
- Company of experienced chauffeur to drive you around during the tour.
Munnar is located in Idukki District of Kerala State in South India. Vast tea plantations, green lush meadows, sprawling mountain valleys make it a much sought after tourist destination in Southern India. It is also a “Honeymooner’s Paradise.”
Thekkady, an important tourist’s destination in Kerala State of Southern India, is where the world famous Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is located. Sprawling wildlife sanctuary across 777 sq km makes the place more adventurous. The town is surrounded by a huge number of tea plantations and spice plantations.
This lovely town of sapphire blue backwaters in the state of Kerela is the most popular tourist destination and a place becomes popular only when people start finding it irresistible. You’ll understand this with regards to Alappuzha when you have cruised on a houseboat in the backwaters. Alleppey, popularly known as the “Venice of East”, is located on the west coast of Kerala.
Day 1: Arrive at Cochin/Kochi and drive to Munnar |130 KM / 4 Hours Drive
- Arrive at Cochin/Kochi airport, you will meet your host for the tour there.
- After the meet and greet, you will start the drive to Munnar which is 130 KM and it might take 3 hours to reach.
- Even on the way, you will witness the abundant natural beauty of Munnar. Once you are in Munnar you can experience the hill station in all its pristine natural beauty adorned with green pastures of spice plantations, beautiful rivulets, cascading waterfalls and dense forests.
- You will be checked-in at the hotel as and when you arrive. You will have plenty of time to relax and be comfortable while enjoying the hospitality of the hotel.
- Your overnight stay is arranged at the hotel where you can sleep tight enjoying the chilly weather of Munnar.
Day 2: Munnar Day Tour
- After a nice warm breakfast, you will start the tour of Munnar.
- Your hosts will take you to the Flower Garden where you can witness a myriad of exotic and beautiful flowers.
- You will also be able to visit the Mattupetty Tea Factory en route where you can witness at close quarters how the most important ingredient of the world famous beverage, tea, is made here.
- You will then proceed to the stunningly attractive Mattupetty Dam, Echo-Point and Kundala Dam. If you would like, you can ride on the waters of Kundala Dam on a speed boat.
- The next exciting item is the drive where you will be taken along the vegetable fields located at the high mountains of Munnar at the borders of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Relishing the memories of the day, you can sleep overnight at the hotel in Munnar.
Day 3: Drive from Munnar to Thekkady |120 KM / 4 Hours drive
- Once you have had breakfast, you will be driven to Thekkady. The drive will last about 4 hours during which you will have plenty of options for sightseeing.
- The Lockhart Tea factory, Anayirangal Lake and Lockhart Gap View are some of the places clad in the natural splendour that you can see en route.
- After lunch at Thekkady, you can have some exciting time by going on a boat ride on the expansive waters of the Periyar dam.
- The two hours of boating will give you a myriad of opportunities to observe wild animals grazing, drinking water and coming down from the dense forest that fence the lake.
- Programmes such as nature walk, bamboo rafting and Periyar tiger trail are organized by the forest department, here. There are also several plantation tourism activities promoted by private agencies for the tourists in Thekkady.
- Your overnight stay is arranged at Thekkady.
Day 4: Drive from Thekkady to Alleppey |160 KM / 5 Hours Drive
- From Thekkady, after having breakfast, you will be driven to another exciting place in Kerala by 8:00 AM to enjoy the scenic beauty of the backwaters of Alleppey, the Venice of the East.
- Endowed with diverse water bodies, intricate inland waterways, labyrinths of rivulets, and lakes, Alleppey will undoubtedly be embossed to your heart forever.
- The expansive stretches of green paddy fields, lines of coconut palms amidst the backwaters will make you fall in love with Alleppey and her immaculate beauty over and over again. You can also surely enjoy the exotic cuisine of Alleppey.
- Your overnight stay is at a houseboat in Alleppey. If you so wish, you can go on a Canoe Cruise for an extra cost.
Day 5: Departure from Alleppey to Cochin |120 KM/ 3 Hours Drive
- After the breakfast pack your pieces of baggage with a promise to return once again to this Paradise.
- Later proceed to Alleppey Beach and drive to Cochin.
- You can visit a museum in Cochin and Lulu Mall.
- You will be dropped to Cochin airport to end the tour.
Hotels used during this tour:
- Munnar - Hotel Green Ridge or similar
- Thekkady - Hotel Sandra Palace or similar
- Alleppey - Sharing House Boat Deluxe A/c
- All transportation in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver and fuel charges
- Toll and parking charges
- Driver's food and accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Evening tea snacks in House Boat
- Tour as per the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 13825 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.