Saraumga Pass Trek
8 Nights/9 Days
4 to 8 people
The Tosh is a feeder valley of the popular Parvati Valley which leads to the Pin Parvati Pass. The Tosh Nallah meets the Parbati River at Pulga coming from the North. The Tosh valley is initially narrow but as you progress higher the valley starts to open up and you cross several beautiful meadows. At the head of the valley is the Tosh Glacier surrounded by some well-known peaks: Papasura (6451m) & White Sail (6446m). After crossing Sara Umga Pass, you descend into Lahaul valley.
Day 00: Delhi- Chandigarh – Manali | 14 hours
Arrive in Manali in the morning and reach Base Camp, Haripur, Manali. Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings like the beautiful ‘somvan’ by the river Beas, Naggar Castle, Roerich art Gallery etc. Back in time for relaxed evening over bonfire and early dinner to get up early in the morning.
Day 02: Base Camp Haripur - Kasol / Manikaran – Tosh village by jeep (2400m) – trek fromTosh village – Buddhaban (3020m) Duration: 4 hours
After breakfast drive to Barsheni, the ascent to Barsheni from Manikaran takes about an hour over steep mountain roads. The trail starts from above the Barsheni village, with a commanding view of the Parvati valley dam that is under construction and the confluence of Parvati and Tosh rivers. The walk is a gradual climb from the Tosh village we follow the raging Tosh River through dense pine forests to Buddhaban, a largish meadow with a spring of its own and many rocks.
Day 03: Buddhaban – Sharam Thach (3505m) | 7 hours
It’s a long day’s walk as the path climbs from Buddhaban to cross the treeline. It then continues over meadows and rhododendron clusters to the high altitude meadow at Sharam Thach.
Day 04: Sharam Thach – Shamshi Thach (3800m) | 5 hours
An initial steep climb peters out to a narrow path over patches of snow. The Tosh River continues its noisy course throughout. After a short descent, you arrive at Shamshi Thach, beautifully set in a little bowl at the base of the valley. To the north is the Tosh Glacier, to the east the massive face of Kullu Makalu peak and the glacier descending from it.
Day 05: Exploratory day at Shamshi Thach Duration: 5 hours
There is a choice of either going up to Animal Pass (4560m) for the day or hiking up to the snout of the Tosh Glacier (4300m).
Day 06: Shamshi Thach – Kuta Thach (4100m) Duration: 4 hours
Walk to the snout of the Tosh Glacier and continue up on the path bordering the glacier to the small meadow at Kuta Thach.
Day 07: Kuta Thach – Sara Umga Pass (4700m) – Putiruni (3800m) | 8 hours
The day starts early as the pass needs to be crossed before noon. From the camp, the climb to the pass is steep over snow and scree. From the top of the pass, you get fabulous views of peaks in both Lahaul valley as well as the Tosh valley and other surrounding by-valleys. The descent on the other side takes you down to the meadow at Putiruni.
Day 08: Putiruni – Chota Dhara (3700m) | 6 hours
Another long day but this time the path is gradual with not too many ups or downs. Chota Dhara on the Manali – Kaza road will be the camp for the night.
Day 09: Chota Dhara – Manali by jeep | 8 hours
Drive from Chota Dara to Manali where the trek ends and participants can board the bus for Delhi/Chandigarh.
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost. Relax at the base camp or go angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at our base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 300 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at our Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure 100%.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
We might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces. If any costs increase due to this change, the client would be requested to pay the additional amount in Manali.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
3 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.