Jewish Heritage Tour of Mumbai
A private tour of the Jewish heritage in the bustling city of Mumbai. Take a 4 hours tour across many significant attractions of Mumbai and their connection to the Jews who call India their home since the past 2000 years.
- Visit Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s unique outdoor laundry system.
- Discover the the oldest synagogue in Mumbai.
- Get access to handouts to understand the Jewish culture.
- Visit Victoria Terminus (a UNESCO World Heritage site) and more during this private tour.
Mumbai is a bustling, energetic metropolis and every area in the city has a flavour of its own. South Mumbai with its posh neighbourhood and upscale bars, restaurants and museums draws hundreds of tourists. South Central Mumbai has Worli sea face and several offices, West Mumbai suburbs are popular upper-middle-class residential areas, North Central Mumbai has Dharavi, Asia’s second-largest slum, East and North Mumbai neighbourhoods have developed rapidly over past few years as a result of the vast urban sprawl. Mumbai has the Gateway of India monument and a visit to this city is in many ways an introductory lesson to the mind-boggling diversity that India has to offer to its visitors.
- You will be received from your hotel/accommodation in Mumbai at your preferred time slot.
- This tour starts with a brief orientation on India’s Jewish communities; the history of their arrival in India 2,000 years ago, geographical spread, the different sects, and their culture.
- The guide will provide you with illustrated handouts and notes to deepen your understanding of India’s Jews. Over these 2,000 years, the Jewish people and their customs have been accepted.
- You will start with Sassoon Docks, built by an influential family of Baghdadi Jews, which are bustling with activity in the mornings.
- From there, you will be driven to the Gateway of India - Kenneseth Eliyahoo Synagogue - with its beautiful interiors, and the David Sassoon Library.
- Next, you will visit the oldest synagogue in Mumbai, the Shaar Harahamim, or Gate of Mercy Synagogue, built-in 1796, by Samaji Hasaji Divekar (Samuel Ezekiel Divekar), a Bene Israeli.
- From Shaar Harahamim you will be driven to the Magen David Synagogue, a tall blue building with a Gothic feel that towers over all the other buildings in the area.
- You will visit Victoria Terminus (a UNESCO World Heritage site) and Bombay Municipal Building.
- Drive to Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s unique outdoor laundry system.
- Your tour will also take you through the Marine Drive/Chowpatty, Oval Maidan, High Court, Bombay University, Flora Fountain and many more unseen places. (Pass by).
- At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Mumbai.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel pick-up and drop.
- Entrance charges to the monuments.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Vehicle
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.