CB14 Peak Expedition (6150 Meter)
CB 14 or Chandrabhaga 14 is part of the magnificent Chandrabhaga (CB) range of mountains in the Batal region of Himachal Pradesh. This peak is suitable for Mountaineers seeking to experience 6000 meter.
Day 00: Delhi – Chandigarh – Haripur, Manali (12 – 14 hrs.)
The participants will de-board at ‘Patlikuhl’, 14 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our basecamp in Haripur. Unwind at our base located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 01: Haripur - Manali – Rohtang Pass (3970 m) - Dadarpul (3250 m)
In the morning after breakfast drive 51 km to Rohtang pass which is gate way of Lahul- Spiti valley and from here drive to Dadarpul. Set up camp for the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 02: Dadarpul - Kunjam Pass - Chandratal (Moon Lake)
Today we drive 50 km to Kunjam Pass (4550 m) and from here trek 07 km to Moon Lake. Chandratal Lake in Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh lies between a low ridge and the main Kunzum range. Mostly surrounded with snow, this deep blue-water lake has a circumference of 2.5 km. Some people also call it Moon Lake and is the source of the violent River Chandra.
Moulkila and Chandrabhaga mountain ranges with peaks snow caps and snow slopes around the valley measures from 3000 m to 6500 m approximately. Locals there believe that it is this point from where Yudhishtra (Eldest among Pandava of Mahabharata epic) was taken to heaven in his mortal form. It's a very luring place. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 03: Moon Lake – Batal (3800 m)
After Breakfast Trek 14 km to Batal which is at 3800 m. Batal means house of winds. You will see that this place is quite windy compared to other places in the Valley. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 04: Batal - Base camp (4500 m)
After breakfast we will Trek 05 km. for Base Camp. We reach Base camp and set up camp. After an evening tea we will go for an acclimatization walk. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 05: Base Camp
Today we trek to Dhaka Glacier for some ascending and descending practice on Snow and Ice with Crampons, Climbing boots and also self-arrest, rope up climbing, fix rope climbing and then return back to base camp. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 06: Base Camp
Today is rest day as we get prepared for climbing the next day. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 07: Base camp - Camp 01 (5500 m)
Today we ascend to Camp-01 and set up the camp and in the evening we go for route race and acclimatization walk. Early dinner and goodnight sleep. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 08: Camp 1- CB 14 (6150 m) - Base Camp
Early morning around 02:00 am we start climbing. For the first few meters we have to climb on Moraine and after that we have to follow the ridge for summit. After summit we descend safely to Camp-01 and then descend to base Camp. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 09: Base Camp-Batal
Relax the day at Base camp and after late breakfast trek to Batal where we camp the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 10: Batal - Manali
After breakfast drive to Manali, This is where we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
- 2 nights stay at the base camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during the trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at basecamp in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 300 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
Maximum Altitude: 6150 Meters
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at the basecamp in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Adventure Gear List:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are 3 main pre-requisite to taking expeditions in the mighty Himalayas: 1. You should have done at least 2 high-altitude treks in the Himalayas 2. You should be able to complete at 5 to 7 km run in about 30 mins 3. You should be able to walk with a 10-12 kg weight on your back for up to 6 hours Strength, stamina and strong mindset are key elements of an expedition
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
pick-up from Patlikuhal bus stand
₹ 42000 Per Person