Rangat and Mayabunder 3 Days Trip from Port Blair
Rangat Island is about 170 kms by road from Port Blair is an eco-tourism hub and popular for Amkunj beach, Cutbert Bay a turtle nesting ground, Dhaninallah mangrove walk and Yerratta mangrove park. Dhaninallah Mangrove Nature Walk is a wooden broadwalk meandering mangrove creeks for a distance of 713 mts. and longest walkway of its kind in India.
Nearly three hours further from Rangat is Mayabunder, springboard for the remote northern Andaman Islands. Popular attractions at Mayabunder include the below spots:
Karmatang Beach & Turtle Nestling Ground:
Karmatang beach is 13 Kms away from Mayabunder and is hidden from the road. The place is quite enchanting. Eco-friendly sit-outs, and machans offers ideal place for picnic. The water is clean. The waves are not too rough and sand soft under the feet. Karmatang Beach is also a turtle nesting ground. One can view nesting of turtles during December - February season. The lagoons give an enchanting experience. Hawksbill turtle is most famous here.
Rampur Beach & German Jetty
Rampur beach is on the outskirts of Mayabunder town. Rampur Beach is smaller of the two and with less shade. It is right next to the road. Close to the beach, you can also see a portion of mangrove forest. A glorious memory from the past, is the remains of German Jetty. This is an old jetty renovated as a memorial during foreign regime over India.
Avis Island (optional add-on subject to season)
Avis Island is the small and beautiful uninhabited island known for its coconut plantation. Karmatang beach offers eco-friendly sit outs is also a turtle nesting ground. The water here is so calm and clear that one can see fish frolicking in the water and little corals in the water. Avis Island is a great destination for basking in the sun and sea.
Anmol Sea Handicrafts Museum
A pit stop to this museum for under water flora and fauna collection. The anticraft can be a memento for your living room which are available here. The museum houses one of the finest collection of rich aquatic marine life of Andamans.
- Tropical Rainforest Drive and Mangrove Boat Ride
- Offbeat Stay in Mayabunder
- Option of a trip to Avis Island
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop
- Private SUV Transport
Day 1: Early morning at the above given time, proceed to Rangat. Visit Dhaninallah, Morice Dera beach and Yeratta Mangrove Park. Head ahead to reach Mayabunder and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 2: Early morning after breakfast, cover tour to Karmatang Beach and turtle nestling ground (World’s Pioneer Turtle Nestling Region) and after half a day proceed for Rampur beach and German Jetty with Anmol Museum and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 3: Early morning, after breakfast, checkout from the hotel to reach Port Blair back via the same route by late evening.
- Prtivate transport in AC/Non-AC SUV Vehicle as chosen
- Pick Up + Drop from Port Blair to Mayabunder Via Rangat and back.
- Sightseeing Tour, tickets, entry, RAP, island entry permits, ferry charges, driver
- allowances, surcharges parking, tips, vehicle charges, vehicle permits, boat tickets etc.
- 01 Mineral water bottle each.
- 02 Nights Stay / accommodation / boarding / lodging at the above given hotel with
- breakfast on CP Plan in standard double bedded A/C rooms on twin shared basis.
- Accommodation in Port Blair
- Lunch or Dinner are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Vehicles Included: All SUV / MUV / LUV / Scorpio / TATA Sumo / Xylo.
- Hotels Included: Hotel Sea N Sand, Mayabunder. (Budget Hotel)
- Child of age below 5 years will be complimentary in the entire package
- Extra meals like lunch or dinner will be charged at INR 200/- per person per meal
- Non-A/C Hotel Rooms can be arranged
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
57 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Port Blair
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time and itinerary
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 4890 Per Person