Limestone Caves of Diglipur (Alfred Caves)
Alfred Caves lie in the Diglipur near Ramnagar beach. To reach Alfred caves reach Kalara Junction and go to Ramnagar. From here, you have to hire a guide or take help of a forest guard to guide you through the way to the caves. If you are planning a visit, start early in the morning so that you are back by evening. A trek through the primary jungle leads to Alfred caves-a cluster of amazing 41 caves. It is a den for swiftlets and fruit eating bats. Best time to visit the caves is from October to March. The caves with a very narrow entrance, open up into chain of small caves inside.
Early morning, near about 5:30 am local time, prepare to depart and reach the base camp at Ram Nagar by road (same route as that of the above). Start for Alfred cave, by jungle trek and canopy walks into tropical forests and reach Alfred Caves. One can spend some time there as picnic camp and return to the junction back down for extraction again by late evening and reach back for night halt.
- Pick-up from Hotel in Diglipur and drop in evening
- Packed Breakfast
- Guides and Guards
- Entry and permission for carrying out a day trip
- Enquire for kids or children above 05 years before booking.
- Elderly and smaller children should be ignored for this trip.
- People with respiratory disorders and other high levels of blood sugar or pressure are not allowed for this trip.
- All trips are subject to availability and administrative approval. The trips are also whether bound.
- Indian nationals can avail the day trip via any photo identity proof. But for foreign national’s passport and RAP (Restricted Area Permit) is must for booking which is obtained from the airport only after arrival at immigrations.
- RAP number is must for such trips in case of a foreigner as they are restricted to this place.
- No camping fire and amusement gestures are allowed.
- No plastic and no non eco disturbances.
- Trekking costume or trek pants and comfortable grippe shoes will suit best for ideal trek.
- At least 04 liters of water per person is most recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
56 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Diglipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India