Mud Volcano Full Day Trip - Diglipur
Located near Hathi level i.e. at a distance of 20 Kms from Diglipur are a chain of Mud volcanoes could be witnessed in the green jungle of Shyamnagar at Diglipur. One has to trek for 15 minutes in the semi-evergreen forests to reach Mud volcano. At the initial point, bigger and dormant mud volcano can be sighted. On proceeding further for few minutes fresh emerging mud volcanoes could be seen. Seating facilities along with information boards are provided for visitors.
Early morning, near about 5:30 am local time, prepare to depart and reach the base camp at Shyam Nagar by road. Start for Mud Volcano, by jungle trek and canopy walk into tropical forests and reach the Mud Volcano. One can spend some time there as picnic camp and return to the junction back down for extraction by late evening and reach back for night halt.
- Pick-up from Hotel in Diglipur and drop in evening
- Packed Breakfast
- Guides and Guards
- Entry and permission for carrying out a day trip
- Enquire for kids or children above 05 years before booking.
- Elderly and smaller children should be ignored for this trip.
- People with respiratory disorders and other high levels of blood sugar or pressure are not allowed for this trip.
- All trips are subject to availability and administrative approval. The trips are also whether bound.
- Indian nationals can avail the day trip via any photo identity proof. But for foreign national’s passport and RAP (Restricted Area Permit) is must for booking which is obtained from the airport only after arrival at immigrations.
- RAP number is must for such trips in case of a foreigner as they are restricted to this place.
- No camping fire and amusement gestures are allowed.
- No plastic and no non eco disturbances.
- Trekking costume or trek pants and comfortable grippe shoes will suit best for ideal trek.
- At least 04 liters of water per person is most recommended.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Diglipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India