Lepakshi Day Trip from Bangalore
In this day trip from Bangalore, visit Lepakshi - a little known village home to some amazing architecture from 15th century. At little over 110 kms from Bangalore, Lepakshi is a great day-trip destination Bangaloreans. Lepakshi actually lies in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Veerbhadra Temple: Located in the centre of village is the Veerbhadra Temple or commonly known as Lepakshi Temple. Legend has it that it was built by sage Agastya. The most important feature of this temple is the 18 ft. tall Nagalinga, a monolithic carving of multi-headed snake shielding the Shivalinga.
Frescoes of Lepakshi: The Lepakshi temple has one of the finest mural paintings of Vijayanagar Empire. It is also believed to be the largest in India from that era. Mural paintings depict different parts from sacred texts such as one depicting Shiva-Parvathi wedding.
Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi: Call it a legend or engineering marvel of medieval Indian engineering. The column is literally hanging in air and one can pass a paper underneath it.
Nandi of Lepakshi: The huge monolithic bull carved out of a single stone is the largest monolithic structure of India. Sculpture is about 5 mts. high and 8 mts. long and very exquisitely carved.
- See the huge Nandi Bull - the largest monolithic structure of India.
- Visit the 15th Century Lepakshi temple which houses some amazing mural paintings, hanging pillar & huge Nagalinga
- Pick-up from Bangalore (Given Address or Hotel)
- Proceed towards Lepakshi, which is a 3 hour drive.
- On way take a break for Tea/Coffee
- Visit Lepakshi temple
- Visit Nandi Bull
- Head back to Bangalore, drop-off at you house or hotel.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV with driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Bangalore Residence or Hotel
- Driver and fuel charges
- 290 KMs of usage (more than sufficient)
- Usage of car till 10:00PM (Night charges applicable after that)
- Any Toll and Parking fees (To be paid on actual)
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Night charges applicable after 10pm: Rs. 250 for Sedan and Rs. 300 for SUV
- Pick-up only for Bangalore City limits only
- Not available for pick-up from Airport
- Pick-up and drop points need to be same
- Rs. 11/14 per KM extra charge over 290 Kms if crossed as per vehicle type.
- Sedan segment refers to 4+1 seat Maruti Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Toyota Etios, etc.
- SUV segment refers to big 6+1 seat Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Maruti Ertiga.
- This is not a Guided Tour
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
97 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
95 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
14 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Bangalore Residence or Hotel
₹ 3690 Per Vehicle