Shivanasamudra, Talkadu & Somanathapura Day Tour from Bangalore
See the picturesque beauty of majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls, appreciate the purity and architectural beauty of Channakesava temple at Somanathpura and the serenity at mystical Talakadu temples in this perfect Day tour from Bangalore.
Shivasamudra waterfalls is the second biggest waterfall in India and a sight to watch. The Shivanasamudra Falls are actually twin falls Gaganachukki and Bharachukki, one km away from each other.
Talakadu also known as the ‘city of lost temples' is a small deserted hamlet on the banks of Kaveri River. Talakadu once had over 30 temples, most of which & the old Talkadu town now lay buried in sand. There are now 5 temples at Talkadu that have been unearthed, Vaidyanatheshwara temple is the most famous of them.
Visit Somnathpur, home to the 13th century Hoysala Chennakesava Temple, also known as a Keshava Temple. The temple is built on a star-shaped platform and has three carved pinnacles and shrines. The temple is dedicated to Lord Janardhana, Venugopala and Kesava.
Somnathpur is a great place for sandalwood oil, incense sticks and other handicrafts. There are many local artisans that are involved in production of teak, rosewood and sandalwood carvings. Somnathpur is also renowned for Mysore style painting of Indian Gods.
- See the majestic Shivasamudra waterfalls - the second biggest waterfall in India
- Explore the history and classical architecture of Chennakesava Temple at Somnathpura.
- Get to know the mystery of ‘Curse of Talakadu’ and appreciate the exquisiteness of the ancient temple.
- Pick-up from given address or your hotel in Bangalore
- Drive to Somnathpura which is a 3 Hrs. drive
- Visit Chennakesava Temple & have lunch in local restaurant
- Drive to Talkadu and explore the mystery town & it's ancient temples
- Next we drive to Shivasamudra waterfalls
- Head back to Bangalore, drop-off at you Bangalore hotel or desired location
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV with driver
- Pickup and drop-off from Bangalore Hotel or Residence
- Driver and Fuel charges
- 400 KMs of usage (more than sufficient)
- Usage of car till 10:00pm (Night charges applicable after that)
- Monument entrance fees, to be paid directly at the monuments
- Any Toll and Parking fees (To be paid on actual)
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Any travel insurance
- Pick-up only for Bangalore City only
- Not available for pick-up from Airport
- Pick up & drop off has to be same location.
- Pick up & drop off location can be different but extra charges will apply as per distance from pick-up location. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Sedan segment refers to 4+1 seat Maruti Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Toyota Etios, etc.
- SUV segment refers to big 6+1 seat Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Maruti Ertiga.
- Rs. 11/14 per Km extra charge over 400 Kms if crossed as per vehicle type.
- Night charges applicable after 10pm: Rs. 250 for sedan/hatchback and Rs. 300 for SUV
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
97 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
95 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
14 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Pick-up from Bangalore Residence or Hotel
₹ 4990 Per Vehicle