Everest Panorama - Short Everest View Trek
7 Nights/8 Days
1 to 10 people
English (Other language guide available for extra cost)
Everest Panorama or Short Everest view trek is planned for people who have the inadequate time or do not want to undertake trekking at a high altitude of the Everest region but want to see Mt. Everest from up-close. Everest view trek is quite a scenic trek and offers really splendid views of the world’s highest peaks like Everest, Lhotse and many other Himalayan peaks.
- Experience Unique Sherpa country and its culture
- Breathtaking views from Namche Bazaar
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Explore Sherpa museum in Namche Bazar
Day 01:- Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters)
We will receive you from Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to your respective hotel. You will meet our airport representative there with your name board outside the airport terminal. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02:- Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
In the morning, after breakfast, At around 8 am, Massif Holidays arranges a pre-trip meeting at the lobby of your hotel or at our office. During this meeting, we introduce your trip guide and talk in brief about the trip. You can ask questions with our trip leader to make sure that you are fully prepared for this trip. Please bring four passport size photographs, the copy of your insurance policy for the legal formalities and documentation of the trekking. After the meeting, we start sightseeing of Kathmandu valley with our expert and knowledgeable tour guide and private transportation. You will visit Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath during the day tour. You can explore the free evening and enjoy the dinner somewhere at your interesting place. Overnight at Hotel. (Breakfast included).
Day 03:- Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 3 - 4 hrs.
After breakfast, we will be escorted to the domestic terminal of Kathmandu airport for an early morning flight to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft), a gateway destination from where our trek begins. After an adventurous 40 minute flight above the breathtaking green and white mountains, we reach the Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla. This is one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating in a dramatic landing on a hillside surrounded by high mountains peaks. Upon arrival at Lukla, we meet our other crew members and after some packing and arrangements, we start our trek through the prosperous village of Lukla until we reach Phakding. To assist in acclimatization, we only have a short hike today.However, if interested in additional activities we can take a side trip to a nearby monastery. Overnight in Phakding.Included meals: (Breakfast included).
Day 04: - Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3440 m/11,280 ft): 5 - 6 hrs
Walking through a beautiful pine forest, the track leads us along the Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges, one of which is the famous Hillary Suspension Bridge.First, we catch wonderful prospect of the glistening Mt. Thamserku (6618 m). Through the settlement of Benkar, Chumoa, Monjo, we come to the check post and entrance
to Sagarmatha National Park. We pass through the last village of Jorsale before reaching Namche Bazaar where we have a lunch. The trail climbs through the forests and bridges until we reach the confluence of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. After a final steep ascent of about two hours, we get first sight of Mt. Everest peering over the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge. At this juncture, we stop at Chautara to admire the view. We still need to hike about 1.5 hours to reach Namche Bazaar, a gateway to Mt. Everest and main trading centre of this region. We stay overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: - Acclimatization Day - Namche Bazaar: 3,440m/11,284 ft.
This is the scheduled 'acclimatization' day for this trek. Health experts always recommend us to stay active and moving during the rest day too instead of being idle. We either spend the day taking a day hike to Thame or visiting Khunde or relaxing and exploring Namche Bazaar itself. Namche Bazaar is the main centre of the Everest (Khumbu) region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, a bakery and a colourful market each Friday evening and Saturday. If we trek a few hundred vertical feet during the day, it will help us to properly acclimatize. Massif Holidays guides take to the Tourist Visitor Center near the headquarter of the Sagarmatha National Park where we can observe an assortment of things related to the first Everest ascenders, Sherpa culture and learn about the various plant and animal life of the Everest region. We also take an interesting side trip up to Khumjung. We further climb up to the famous airstrip at Syangboche. Just above the airstrip will be the Everest View Hotel, a Japanese scheme to build a deluxe hotel with great views of the highest mountains on Earth. The Khumjung valley is surrounded by the snowy peaks of Kongde and Thamserku and the sacred peak Khumbila, hosts a well-known monastery that houses a yeti scalp. We also visit Hillary School which is located at the same site. After having lunch and spending some time in Khumjung, we walk back down to Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 06:- Namche Bazaar-Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft): 6 - 8 hrs
The trail descends steeply downward so we need to walk slowly and under control as our shaky legs continuously battle the rocky terrain. After crossing the suspension bridges over the fast flowing Dudh Koshi and its tributaries the trail becomes more level and natural. By today we start to get warmed up by the light breeze. Any remaining sore Throats and colds will be gone by today as we pass through this charming mountain air.
Although we are travelling the same route down, we feel completely different views. We Snap a mixture of open plains, rhododendron and pine forests, and in the distance snow Covered peaks. We walk through the Sherpa villages' noticing impressive faith in Buddhism and culture of prayer stones and prayers flag while we walk through the villages. Upon arrival in Lukla, we stretch those sore legs and recall the experiences of the last couple of days. We experience the culmination of a fantastic trek on a happy note with everyone back safe and sound with a smile on faces! Overnight in Lukla.
Day 07:- Lukla – Kathmandu
Today, we fly back to Kathmandu after our mountain journey. The early morning flight drops you in Kathmandu. You can rest and relax throughout the day at the hotel. If you get interested to take some gifts home from Nepal for friends and relatives, you can visit some nearby shops or venture out in Thamel for typical Nepalese goods. This short excursion either can be assisted by Massif Holidays guides or you can do it yourselves too. In the evening we will be at a fantastic celebration dinner together for successfully completing our trek to Everest Base Camp hosted by Massif Holidays! Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 08:- Departure for your onward destination
We say 'Namaste' for memories that will last a lifetime. There are no activities planned for today and you are able to depart the hotel at any time. Check out time from the hotel is at 12 noon. If you are departing later, you can arrange luggage storage at the hotel. We will provide the transport anytime for your departure. (Breakfast included)
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a tourist category hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (3 nights)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- Local licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Everest Conservation Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by the company (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu flight ticket
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat and service charges
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation
- International Airfare
- All your meal during tour and trekking. (Since it is a tea-house trek, same is avaiable at nominal cost at each stop)
- Alcoholic, hot, cold drinks, any bottle drink.
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking / tour equipments.
- Tips for tour, trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on “cost Includes” section.
Rates valid for Indian Nationals only
During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
- If you cancel at least 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, full refund.
- If you cancel between 21 and 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 10 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 15 and 20 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.k
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity