Ladakh Motorbike Tour 2018 with Pangong and Tso Moriri ex. Manali
This 2-lakes ride is one of it's kind, some may call it sweet and salty, for Tso Moriri being a freshwater high altitude lake while Pangong Tso is a saltwater lake.
Route: Manali - Sarchu - Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley - Pangong Tso - Leh - Tso Moriri - Manali
- The Incredibly beautiful Tso Moriri Lake
- The amazing landscapes, lakes and mountain passes of Ladakh
- The Manali-Leh ride of a lifetime
- A stunning drive to Khardung La - the highest motorable pass in the world
- The unparalleled beauty of Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso Lake
- Rohtang Pass, Baralacha La Pass, Wari La Pass, Chang La Pass & Khardungla Pass
- All inclusive pricing: Our policy is to offer the best price to our customers with no hidden costs.
- Ultra comfortable accommodation: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Bike rent and fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- All permits and fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
This trip has the best of what Ladakh has to offer. This incredible Ladakh Motorcycle Tour will leave you awestruck and take you through some of the most amazing and remote regions of the world. Not only do we cover Manali-Leh Highway, Leh, Khardung La and Pangong Tso Lake but also Tso Moriri lake. This lesser know lake is the largest of the high altitude lakes entirely within India and in this Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region, with some gorgeous views to offer.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali
Reach Manali, our support staff will receive you at the bus stop and drive you to base camp - Local sightseeing - Orientation process and Leh ride briefing. After refreshments and debriefing and the required paperwork, your bikes will be allotted to you. Get used to your bikes while we go for a spin.
Day 2: Manali - Sarchu | 223 Km | 8-9 hours
The ride begins early morning today - Enjoy the Leh Manali highway - Pass Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breath-taking lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region - For the night stay at the camps/guest home - Enjoy the stay at the valley.
Day 3: Sarchu - Leh | 250 Km | 8-9 hours
Ride to Leh - Ride through Nakeela Pass, Whisky Nallah, Lachulung La Pass, Pang, More Plains, and Tanglang La Pass - The road from Pang to Leh is excellent and will take you over a plateau (42 km long), called the Moore Plains. Overnight stay at hotel in Leh
Day 4: Leh | Explore Leh and Rest
Today you relax a bit and get vehicles checked. Explore Leh, its markets, stupas and monasteries.
Day 5: Leh - Kardung La Pass - Nubra | 127 Km | 5-6 hours
Drive to one of the highest motorable passes in the world, Khardung La – Continue ride to Nubra Valley - Enjoy the double-humped camel ride. Overnight stay in Hundar
Day 6: Nubra to Pangong via Shyok Road or Wari La Pass (if Shyok road closed) | 173 KMS | 6-7 hours
Drive to Pangong Tso Lake from Nubra - Enjoy the views of the highest saltwater lake - the Pristine setting of location – If time permits we attempt Marisimek La - 45 km – 2 hrs. The REAL highest motorable pass in the world “MARISIMEK LA’. Overnight stay in Lake Side Camps
Day 7: Pangong Tso - Leh | 160 Km | 4-5 hours
After a hearty breakfast, we depart the emerald blue waters of Pangong to ride over the 3rd highest motorable pass, Chang La at 5360 meters. It would be a slightly relaxed ride today. Once over Chang La, most of the ride is downhill. This is is going to be one exciting ride that you'll remember forever.
Day 8: Leh – Tso Moriri | 210 Km | 7-8 hours
Start from Leh in the morning on bikes - Located at an altitude of 15,075 ft, Tso Moriri is the largest of the high altitude lakes in the Trans-Himalayan biogeographic region - Tso Moriri is a hidden gem in the region and not very touristy yet - Enjoy the view from deluxe tents - Overnight stay at Tso Moriri.
Day 9: Tso Moriri - Tsokar Tso - Sarchu | 220 Km | 8-9 hours
After breakfast, start your ride to Sarchu via another beautiful Lake and village of Tsokar. Reach Sarchu by evening and check-in to your camps. Overnight stay at Sarchu.
Day 10: Sarchu to Manali | 225 KMS | 8-9 hours
Morning leave for Manali - On the way visit Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal, two breath-taking lakes in the Lahaul and Spiti region - Reach Manali by evening and rest in riverside camps
Day 11: Manali - Trip ends
Checkout from the base camp after breakfast - Your trip ends here.
Manali - Rohtang Pass - Keylong - Jispa - Tandi - Zing Zing Bar - Deeptaal - Surajtaal - Baralacha La - Bharatpur City - Sarchu - Pang - Moore Plains - Lachulung La - Nakee La - Taglang La - Hemis - Leh - Lamayuru - Gurudwara Pathar Sahib - Hall of Fame - Shanti Stupa - Khardung La - Nubra Valley - Diskit - Panamik - Shyok - Wari La - Changla La - Pangong Tso
- Accommodation in deluxe hotels and camps
- Stay for couples on twin sharing basis/groups on triple sharing basis
- 350cc Royal Enfield bike (500 cc can be arranged - choose add-on while booking)
- Petrol for entire trip for rented bike
- Breakfast & dinner at hotels/guesthouse/camps
- Service of an expert road captain throughout the bike ride
- Inner Line Permits (ILP) & Wildlife fees for restricted areas in Ladakh
- Back up vehicle (high clearance 4x4 vehicle)
- Enfield motorbike mechanic for the entire tour carrying basic spares
- Hot water buckets will be available in hotels/camps on request
- Basic First Aid Kit, medicines and oxygen cylinders
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/ fax calls, mineral water, alcoholic beverages, entrance and camera fee at monuments/ museums, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- For hygiene and comfort factor, riders and pillions are expected to get their own helmets
- Any item, activity or facility other than clearly mentioned within the inclusions & itinerary above
- Any spare parts of any kind or bike maintenance etc.
- Any entry fees, any tips, porter pony charges or any other expenses incurred by the porter/ participants during the sightseeing trips, other than as clearly mentioned within the sightseeing in inclusions and itinerary
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/ change of the itinerary due to natural calamities, roadblocks, and vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond our control
- Rs. 10,000/- refundable amount to be paid as security deposit per bike at time of bike allocation
- Driving License is mandatory for the rider. We advise to our all guest to carry their ID proof along during the tour
- Please cover yourself with insurance. We or any of our service providers would not be liable in any case for any mishap/ loss etc.
- At the start of the tour, you have to deposit refundable security/ damage deposit of Rs 10,000/- per bike at our office in Manali (By cash/cheque)
- If there are any additional expenses due to bad weather or any other reason beyond the control of the operator on account of hotel stay, transportation, and meals etc. extra bill will be raised. which will be paid to the trip leader directly
- Changes may be made in the itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like the change in flight and train schedule, cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc
- Damage to bike/helmet during the tour would have to be paid by the participant
- Participants will have to get own riding gears.
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of tour as per current situation like a strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- If any group member wants to leave group in-between the tour then he/she has to pay the cost for transportation of bike from point of leaving the tour till Manali (Transfer cost Rs. 10000)
- For any minor or big damage to the motorbike, we do not claim from the insurance company. It is guest’s responsibility to whom we have allotted the bike to give the full amount of damage to the motorbike
- Carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you. All participants are responsible for the safety and security of their belongings.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
4 travellers found this helpful
₹ 30000 Per Person