Ladakh bike trip – beyond all the hype, reaching the height of 18,000 feet, is still a life time experience. If this is something you have been wanting to do for some time but haven’t done already for whatever reasons, here is some motivation for you to go ahead and plan that dream trip this summer.
1) Ride to high passes where 3 mighty ranges meet – Pir Panjal, Zanskar and the Great Himalayas
2) Or scale the high mountain passes, only few have ventured to before
3) Slush, stones or fast flowing water crossings – Manali Leh highway has it all!
4) Because you will drive for hundreds of kilometers with no petrol pump in sight
5) Fatigue will hit you, but you will come out stronger than ever!
6) All that pain will vanish at the sight of the lakes like Kiagar Tso, and you would want to just lie on it’s bank forever!
7) Just you and bike – your only companion for most part of the day
8) There will be roads with nothing but just the dust
9) And sometimes tarmac so smooth, fit for an airplane to land
10) Scenes so picturesque, you’ll forget everything else
11) See black mountains on your way and that’s special, really!
12) And purple too!
13) This will be your workstation for a few days
14) And camp next to the lake, SO BLUE!
15) Memories that will live with you for the rest of your life
16) And experience the cultures so different yet so much your own
17) Everyday would be a brand new day on the road!
18) Unwanted breaks but best time to apreciate your surroundings, reality kicks in hard
19) It’s not just about the destination, a bike trip is an adventure!
20) To others it would just be a bike-trip, for you it would be an accomplishment
This post was originally published on Trodly Travel Blog.
Featured image by Prabhu B Doss
Last Updated on