Manali Off-beat Camping & Jungle Hiking
1 Nights/2 Days
English & Hindi
Come to the mountains of Manali and experience the spirit of adventure in a texture you thought could never exist. Hike amongst the mountains clad in snow and explore the tiny and charming town of Soil. Spend the night there and you will really love and appreciate the cup of coffee you have the next morning. Da Kkoott is a Himalayan Jungle Retreat, set by a stream abound with wild trout at the edge of high altitude alpine forest abundant with Himalayan flora and fauna. You have the option of living in an old heritage style Himachali home or pitching hiking tents for the night. The stream here is rich in trout fish so it would be a great idea to indulge in the sport. Unwind with a book and go to collect fire wood in the evening for BBQ and bon fire. Stay overnight at dA Kkoot.
You camp in tents at Kkoott (Jungle camping site) and really get in sync with nature. Get your adrenaline fix while paragliding in the kullu valley and heart pounding white water rafting in the mighty River Beas. There is something for everyone in this lovely holiday experience apart from the best memories that all will take away.
Day-1: Arrive in Manali
The guests will arrive in Manali and reach our base in Haripur. After refreshments, leave for Soil village. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the vibrant views and start your hike to the 'Kkoott'. After a pleasant and invigorating hike, we will reach Kkoott and have freshly cooked traditional Himachali Cuisine for lunch.
Chill overnight in the wilderness and enjoy some unadulterated peace and quiet, even if it is for a night. It is a Himalayan Jungle retreat set in the jungles of an ancient village. To spike your adventure a bit, pitch tents in the meadow here and enjoy a thrilling camping experience. Enjoy freshly cooked vegetarian meal and collect firewood. Indulge in some angling and chill around a bonfire and BBQ before retiring for the night. We will stay in an old heritage style Himachali home in comfortable and clean beds for an authentic experience.
Day-2: Golden Meadow Hike - Haripur - Manali
Wake up to the charming morning life of a village set in a thick jungle if you are camping at Kkoott. After early breakfast, start the exploration of Manali town or leave for Paragliding and White Water rafting. After lunch, board the bus from the Manali bus stand/Patlikuhl bus stand.
- Stay in 2-4 men luxury hiking tents or jungle village house in winters
- Meals during camping (1 Dinner, 1 breakfast and 1 lunch) - freshly cooked vegetarian meals
- Services of experienced lead guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Transportation during the trip
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- All meals during travel, in restaurants/dhabas.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Transport charges to rafting/paragliding point at actual.
- Personal porterage @INR. 500 per day per 10 kg bag, in case trekkers need porter/pony
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya necessarily would not always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes and for this trek in particular we strongly suggest keeping one extra day handy.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing. Avoid Denims.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- 30 days prior to departure - 90% refund.
- 15 - 29 days prior to departure - 50% refund
- Less than 15 days prior to departure: no refund
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
2 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
We use Sumo/Bolero for transportation.
( 2 - 5 yrs)