The Best of Sikkim
6 to 30 people
English, Hindi, Bengali
Sikkim is the most pristine hill station of North East India, before it became a part of India. Sikkim used to be a monarch with connection with Tibet. The state of sikkim is blessed by the mighthy Khanchenjunga Range, dotted with several high peaks. Sikkim has some popular treks, some beautiful high altitude lakes, Forest with numerous flora & fauna. The hills has lots of waterfalls, beautiful villages. River Teesta & Ringit has originated from the high altitute water bodies of Sikkim.Sikkim is the home of several Monasteries with a lineage to Tibetan Tantrik Buddhism.There are scopes of Adventure Tourism, Homestay along with cultural tours.
Hightlights Of The Tour
- Visit Rabdanste Ruins, the second capital of Sikkim at Pelling
- Hike to Sandemcholing Monastery at Pelling
- Visit the Pemayangste Monastery at Pelling
- Temi Tea Garden
- Khechopelri & Tsango Lake, both are considered sacred by the Sikkimese people
- Yumthung valley at North Sikkim
Tour Day-By-Day Plan
Day 1 : Arrive in Gangtok
Our representatives will receive the guests at either the New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) or at the Bagdogra Airport (IXB). They will assist the guests for transfer to Gangtok. The drive will take roughly 5 hours. Upon arrival, guests check into the hotel. Evening is free for the guests to explore around the hotel, go for a stroll at MG Road or shop at the Shopping Centre. Conversely, you can enjoy a warm bath and relax, ready to start the next day’s activities.
Day 2 : Gangtok – Tsomgo Lake Excursion
After breakfast, we leave for Tsomgo Lake and an old temple – Baba Mandir, which are 40 km away, a drive of 2 hours. The drive is along the beautiful Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary which inhabits the exclusive red pandas, blood pheasant and rhododendrons. The Tsomgo Lake is situated at 3753 meters or 12310 feet above sea level. This lake is 50 feet deep and is snow-covered almost all year round. You can view the Brahmini duck and other migratory birds here.
Near the lake is Baba Mandir which is considered to be a holy site by the locals.
We return to the hotel after the day’s excursion. The evening is free for the guests to be at
Yumthang is a beautiful valley situated in the north Sikkim of India. Since, it is situated in the lap of Himalayas it looks spectacular. There are beautiful flowers all over the valley, and hence this valley is also known as valley of flowers. Situated close to the Lachung town of Sikkim, this valley is a treat to explore.
Day 3: Lachung
After having breakfast trip to Lachung will be scheduled. It takes 6 hours of drive to reach Lachung. On the way, we can visit Singhik View point and seven Sisters Waterfalls. We’ll have our lunch break at Namok and tea break at Chungthang on the way. After we reach Lachung, check into your hotel rooms and relax.
Day 4 : Lachung – Yumthang Excursion
Yumthang is at an elevation of 11800 feet. On route, you can visit a famous hot spring here,known for its curative properties for skin diseases. The Yumthang Valley near River Lachung Chu is a site to behold. In spring, it is a chaotic scene of colours with primulae, rhododendrons and other Alpine flowers. In the winters, it is surrounded by snow-clad mountains which lend it a mystical appeal.
After the excursion, we return to our hotel in Lachung for lunch. Post that we see the Lachung Monastery, Cottage Industry and a waterfall. The evening would be free as usual. There would be an overnight stay in Lachung.
Day 5 : Back to Gangtok
As soon as we are done with breakfast, we leave for Gangtok. If the weather permits and the skies are clear, we will stop at Singhik and Mangan from where you can enjoy the view of the mega Himalayan Range with Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Pandim, Mt. Kabru, etc.There is no plan once we reach Gangtok. Guests are free to plan their own evenings.
Pelling is the second most visited places in the state of Sikkim after the capital Gangtok; it is a little town of Sikkim and is world famous for magnificent view of the snow-capped mountains of Kanchenjunga. About 133 kms away from Siliguri (West Bengal) and 125 kms from capital Gangtok this place is very well connected by road. Located at a height of 6,800 feet, it provides an excellent view of the whole snow-capped and green mountain ranges comprising Kanchenjunga, Kabru, Koktang, Dom, Pandim, Zopuno, Kumbhakarna, Narsing, Sinialchu, Rathong, Shimvo, and others.
Day 6: Gangtok – Pelling
After breakfast, you will be headed to Pelling. It takes around 6 hours of drive to reach Pelling. After reaching Pelling and checking into hotel rest of the day will be scheduled to leisure
Day 7: Pelling (Local sightseeing)
This day after breakfast day will be scheduled to visit Kanchenjunga waterfalls, Khechopelri Lake, Rimbi waterfalls, Pemayangtse Monastery and Rabdanste Ruins. Overnight stay at Pelling and evening rest will be scheduled
Day 8 : Depart from Pelling
After the morning breakfast, transport and transit facilities will be provided by us to ensure ease and quick passage. The transfer are all roughly 5-6 hour drive away so guests are requested to make an early start to avoid last minute jams or confusions.
- Accommodation on Twin/Double basis
- Meals includes Breakfast
- All meals for North Sikkim Tour
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Toll & Parking charges
- Permits assistance for Tsango Lake & North Sikkim visit
- Driver's Allowance
- Meet & Greet at Arrival Point
- Nathula Pass
- Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- Ziro Point at North Sikkim
- Anything not specified in the cost inclusions will not include in the package cost.
- The cost of Tour Manager OR Guide OR Sightseeing Guide will be extra
- Single Supplement is available
1. Cancellation up to 60 days in advance: full refund of your deposit less 10% of total tour cost as handling fees.
2. In addition, please note that domestic plane tickets are non-refundable and train tickets have a cancellation penalty that will not be credited back to you.
3. Cancellation between 60 days and 30 days in advance: full refund of your deposit less 20% of tour cost as handling fees.
In addition, please note that domestic plane tickets are non-refundable and train tickets have a cancellation penalty that will not be credited back to you.
4. Cancellation between 30 days and arrival day: no refund of your deposit.
5. Cancellation of part of your itinerary after arrival: each situation will be analyzed in a fair way on a per case basis.
6. In case of cancellation/delay of any flight, air companies have their own policy to help their respected clients. Due to any cancellation/delay of flight if there is any extra cost has to goes to your account.
7. In case of cancellation/delay of any train, each situation will be analyzed in a fair way on a per case basis and you will be responsible for any non-refundable portions of the ticket.
8. We advise our clients to subscribe to travel insurance at home at the same time they purchase their international flight tickets.
9. We cannot be held responsible for problems due to events that are not under our control (weather, political demonstrations, airline & train delays, traffic jams, floods etc.)
10. Should you decide to travel with us to India at a later date, the amount of deposit covering the handling fees will be credited to you when we calculate the cost of your new itinerary, (Credit does not include non-refundable domestic plane tickets, penalties charged by Rail Company, deposits not returned to us by some hotels and car agencies).
( - yrs)