Thamsar Pass Trek, Himachal Pradesh
5 to 15 people
English and Hindi
Barot, a scenic hamlet in the Mandi district is famous for its hydro power plant, the first one in North India. It’s also a famous fishing destination, with a lot of people flocking the banks of Uhl river to fish for its famous trouts. Trek to Thamsar pass passes through lush green forests & glacier trails to reach the pass & the lake near it. The trail is on a famous route towards Bara Bangal village and is a common route for shephards and traders in the region.
Day 1: Arrive at Barot. Drive till Bada Gran, trek from Bada Gran (2200m) to Plachek (2400m)
Day 2: Trek from Plachek (2400m) to Panihartu (3930m)
Day 3: Trek from Panihartu (3930m) to Thamsar Pass (4400m) & back to Panihartu
Day 4: Trek from Panihartu (3930m) to Plachek (2400m)
Day 5: Trek from Plachek (2400m) to Bada Gran (2200m), drive till Barot
- Transfer by vehicle from Barot to Bada Gran and back at end of the trek
- Good quality tents, sleeping bags, carry mats and crampons (if and where required). Tented accommodation will be on double / triple sharing basis.
- Safety equipment – first aid kit, stretcher, pulsoximeter, portable oxygen cylinders (where required, for use in case of emergencies only)
- All vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner on all trek days) for the trek duration (from Aru onwards till Sumbal)
- WildBoots trek leader, guide, cook and camp helpers and horses / mules / porters as may be required for carrying the equipment
- Service taxes, permits, fees and other charges imposed by local authorities, national parks, etc.
- Transport costs to reach the trek reporting location
- Meals, snacks, mineral water, telephone, tips and other incidental expenses during travel to and from base camp of the trek
- Transportation for sightseeing in and around Aru / Srinagar before / after the trek. Transport can be arranged but will be charged separately as per cost incurred.
- Trekkers are expected to trek carrying their own backpack. Those intending to trek without backpacks or carrying only a day-pack and offloading their backpacks onto the horses / mules will have to bear an additional cost.
- Cost of doctors, medical officers. WildBoots trek leaders are trained in First Aid to assist in case of medical emergencies.
- Emergency evacuation related costs owing to personal emergencies or external weather conditions.
Duration: 5 days
Max Altitude: 4400m
Starts from: Barot, Himachal Pradesh
Ends at: Barot, Himachal Pradesh
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
Mandi is well connected by road with New Delhi and other major cities in North India. The nearest railway station is Joginder Nagar railway station, around 55 kms away.
From Mandi, transport to Barot will be arranged for all trekkers in a private vehicle.
Reporting Date & Time:
Please plan on reaching Mandi latest by 8 am on Day 1. All trekkers will be assembled and will leave together for from Mandi at 8 am.
Return Date & Time:
Please plan your return on Day 5 evening from Mandi.
· Cancellation requested more than 30 days before the start date of the trek – 95% refund
· Cancellation requested between 29 and 20 days before the start date of the trek – 75% refund
· Cancellation requested between 19 and 10 days before the start date of the trek – 50% refund
· Cancellation requested less than 10 days before the start date of the trek – no refund.