4 Nights/5 Days
1 to 12 people
Kedarkantha peak, situated in the mountains of the tons river valley is a beautiful ridge peak; easily accessible anytime of the year. In the winters it snows in this valley and hence views from the summit are very rewarding. The trek goes through the Govind national park and gives you ample time to soak in the flora and fauna of this protected area. The summit lies at an altitude of 3850m and reaching the top is very satisfying as you are rewarded with views of peaks like the swargarohini, banderpooch, black and Ranglana.
- Camp in the woods in the lap of the Garhwal Himalayas. Trek through the thick forest cover of the Himalayan Coniferous trees.
- Experience the excitement of summiting a Himalayan Peak. Kedar Kantha is a beautiful looking mountain and on this trek we reach its summit at 3800+ meters.
- Enjoy the cold!! This trek is cold during the winter and temperature can drop as low as -10 degrees on nightfall.
- Local culture and villages.
- Snow covered peaks of the surrounding valley like Rupin, Har Ki Dun beautifies this trek even further.
Day 1: DEHRADUN - MORI RIVER CAMPSITE(210kms) - 8 Hrs drive
We start early from Dehradoon and reach Mori River Campsite by evening. We spent the night in tents in Mori. The final 22kms are through the Govind national park and is a very beautiful but bumpy ride.
Day 2: MORI RIVER CAMPSITE - SANKRI - TREK TO JUDA TALAB (2850m) - 10 KMs
Post breakfast we start our our drive till Sankri and trek towards juda talab. The path goes through Saud village and is a gentle climb. A lot of local village women will be seen on the way carrying wood and dried leaves for their cattle. The campsite is located near the Juda Lake and is a much closed camping site surrounded by tall trees and mountain slopes; without any wind or views. We reach by afternoon and stay in camps.
Day 3: JUDA TALAB - KEDAR KANTH MEADOW - 6 KMs
We start post breakfast and trek through the pine and oak trees to reach the open field below the summit. This camping site has excellent views and is the highlight of the trek. There are green pastures nearby and the views towards Himachal are unending. We camp here for the night.
Day 4: KEDARKANTHA PEAK (3850m) AND TREK BACK TO SANKRI - DRIVE TO MORI RIVER CAMPSITE
It's a long day today. We start early post breakfast and try to reach the top of the ridge by noon. It's a climb of over 2 hours but the views are very rewarding. After spending some time on the top we head back to our campsite, have lunch and head towards Sankri & drive countinue till Mori river campsite. We spend the night in tents at Mori.
Day 5: MORI RIVER CAMPSITE - DEHRADUN (210 KMs)
Post breakfast drive from Sankri to Dehradoon. Reach by evening and disperse.
- Experience mountain guide & Cook
- Camping Arrangement (Tents + Sleeping Bag + Camping Mattresses + Camping Stool/Chair + Mess Tents + First Aid)
- Meals: dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on day 5
- Porter/Mule for Carrying camping equipment & ration
- Forest Entry
- Service tax
- Transport from Dehradun (can be arranged at nominal actual price 1500-2000 per head)
- Porter mule charges for your personal bag
- Any service not mention above
- Best Season: Throughout the year
- Level: Easy
- Total Distance: 36 km
- Maximum Elevation: 3850m Kedar Kanth Top
- Weather: The nights can be cold; day temperatures are pleasant during the season. In winters nights are very cold.
- Restrictions: None.
- Getting From/To: Sankri is connected by road from Dehradun and is about 7 hours drive.
- 7+ Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 7 Day Or Less: No refund
Reporting/Start Point:Sankari or Dehradoon