Beas Kund TrekSolang Valley 2 Nights/3 Days
Beas Kund trek is one of the most striking and memorable short duration trek in Himachal Pradesh. Trek starts from Solang Nallah and from there we enter the popular Solang Valley. Beas Kund trek offers some amazing views of lush green meadows, high Himalayan peaks and glaciers. The trek goes via Dhundi and Bakarthach and reaches Beas Kund glacier, from where River Beas originates.
One great thing about Beas Kund trek is that it is a moderate level trek enjoyed both by beginners and experienced trekkers.
Day 1: Report at Solang Valley & trek to Bakrathatch (14 Kms Trek)
From here, we start walking to Dhundi. The entire route after Solang nala offers spectacular views of snowcapped mountains. From Solang Nala the route is through forest of oak, fir and walnuts. This is a level walk of 8 kms along the right bank of river Beas. The peaks visible enroute are Deo Tibba 6001 mtrs and Indrasan peak 6220 mtrs. From Dhundi we trek for 5 kms to Bakrathatch (3270m). It would be a lush trail with great Himalayan peaks like 7 sisters always visible on one side. [Meals: Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Bakrathatch]
Day 2: Trek from Bakrathatch to Beas Kund & Back (6 Kms Trek)
After breaking camps early we climb gently to Beas Kund. The route is through boulders and rocks in summers & through snow in winters. After a trek of 4-5 hours we will see the beautiful lake of Beas Kund. This lake is believed to be the source of River Beas. Beas kund is also the base camp for summit peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi & Shitidhar. After spending some time clicking pictures & having some food here, we head back to our camp in Bakkarthatch. [Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Bakrathatch]
Day 3: Trek from Bakrathatch to Solang Nala (13 Kms Trek) & Drive to Manali
Today we descend to Solang Nala by the same route that was used for coming up. From Solang Nala, we drive back to Manali. You will be dropped at Manali bus stand by late evening.
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from you city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Transfer cost from Manali to Solang/Gulaba Trekking Point on Day 1 & Day 3. The distance from Manali to Solang is 13 Kms.
- Travel arrangement from your city to reporting base camp may be arranged at an additional cost.
- Volvo tickets may be booked for your dates on actual cost
- Additional Night at Hotel/Home Stay/Hostel may be arranged with prior information subject to availability and advance booking before and after the trek as per your budget.
- Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our travel desk at the Base Camp on actual as per the rate Transport & Taxi Union.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- Medical certificate is mandatory for all the high altitude treks for more than 3 Days duration.
- You need to bring 2 passport size photographs, valid and original government issued id proof. In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners need to pay extra amount for permits.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu)
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- If we do not get minimum strength of 5 participants in a group then we have right to cancel the group at any time
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- Rucksacks, trekking poles, raincoats are available on rent subject to availability
The Big NO
- No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
- Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items.
- Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
- After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
- Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
- Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.
- Please bring your own USB Pen drive for videos and images
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
Average Response Time: ~4 hours