Beas Kund TrekSolang Valley 2 Nights/3 Days
The fierce River Beas is formed from the glacier of Beas Kund. This trek is of 12,200 ft above sea level and the distance of 28 km which is an easy trek can be covered in 3 days approximately.
The trail starts from Dhundi and goes all the way to Bakarthach. Lush green meadows filled with the local shepherds and you will be passing through the Solang Valley near Manali. June-October is the best months to trek in this area. For the beginners this trek offers you the best picturesque views of your life time. The Beas Kund can be the miniature experience of Himachal Pradesh in a very short period of time.
Beas Kund trek can be enjoyed by both beginners and the experts in trekking.
Day 1: Manali - Solang (11 km trek | 06 Hours | 10,334 ft)
Everyone should report at the Base camp at Old Manali before 10 AM. We will start our trek to Soland, a definition of picturesque trek. The snow-capped mountains are visible throughout the trail as you pass through the Oak forest, Fir and Walnuts. [Meals: Pack Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Dhundi]
Tip: If you are planning to start a trek on the same day of your arrival in Manali then you may have a breakfast at Manali and keep your extra luggage here. The same may be collected after the end of your Beas Kund Trek. Please make sure you reach reporting location before 10AM.
Day 2: Solang - Dhundi to Beas Kund via Bakrathatch & Back (12 km trek | 08-10 hours | 11,975 ft)
A start with the short drive in th early morning from Soland to Dhundi. Dhundi is the starting point to climb Beas Kund. The trail is either rock in summer or layers of snow in winter. We will be reaching a beautiful lake of Beas Kund in 5-6 hours of time. This lake is known as the source of Beas Kund. Beas kund is also the base camp for summit peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi & Shitidhar. Clicking pictures and having food near the lake we will be heading back to Dhundi and then drive back to Solang. Downhill is the best of returning back home. [Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Solang]
Day 3: Solang Valley to Manali
This will be last destination of the whole adventure, heading back to Old Manali right after breakfast.
- Tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Camping Charges
- Sleeping bags and carry mats and all other camping equipments.
- Nutritious, high calorie food will be served (Usual menu is veg, however can carry/provide eggs or canned meat if important)
- Services of a Trek Leader, cook and camp helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- Travel arrangement from your city to reporting base camp may be arranged at an additional cost.
- Volvo tickets may be booked for your dates on actual cost
- Additional Night at Hotel/Home Stay/Hostel may be arranged with prior information subject to availability and advance booking before and after the trek as per your budget.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- Medical certificate is mandatory for all the high altitude treks for more than 3 Days duration.
- You need to bring 2 passport size photographs, valid and original government issued id proof. In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners need to pay extra amount for permits.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu)
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- Rucksacks, trekking poles, raincoats are available on rent subject to availability
The Big NO
- No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
- Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items.
- Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
- After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
- Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
- Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.
- Please bring your own USB Pen drive for videos and images
- Cancellation made before 20 days or more, prior to activity date – 100% Refund*
- Cancellation made within 19 to 7 days prior to activity date – 50% Refund*
- Cancellation made less then 7 days prior to activity date – No refund
No Show: Failing to report the reporting location till 60 mins of the scheduled reporting time may result in "No Show" - operator is not liable for any refund to the customer.
Free rescheduling of activity – Subject to availability
* 2.5% charge on the total amount is aplicable on all refunds.
Average Response Time: ~4 hours