1 to 15 people
English, Hindi, Kannada
Kodachadri is one of those peaks in Western Ghats where one can experience clouds below the peak. A sea of clouds is captured from the peak, which remains in the memory forever. This trek has everything from its dense forests, high waterfalls, the meadows spreading everywhere, shear drop before the peak and a lot more. On this trail which comes under world heritage forests, one can see many endangered and endemic species of flora and fauna. This place has got its own beauty of the sun setting into the Arabian Sea.
DAY 0 2215 Hrs: Pickup from Bangalore.
DAY 1 Overnight journey till Home stay near Kodachadri Base Trek from Kodachadri Base to the peak via Hidlumane Falls – Sunset Point – Return in Jeep – Home stay.
DAY 2 Home stay Nagara Fort – Bangalore.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District
- Adi Shankara Cave Exploration
- Shower under Hidlumane waterfall
- Shear Drop down walk towards the Kodachadri Peak
- Village Butter Milk to define village inside
- Arabian Sea seen from the Sunset Point
- Offroad Jeep Ride at night
ALTITUDE: 4,406 ft Highest peak in Shimoga district in Karnataka.
TRAIL TYPE: Dense tropical rain forest with steep inclinations.
DIFFICULTY: Moderate, no prior experience required.
ATTRACTION: The Arabian Sea visible from the peak and how the sun goes down into the sea is the most capturing moment from the peak on a sunny day from The Sunset Point. Hidlumane Falls, Arasinagundi Falls and Belakallu Theertha Falls surround the peak in a diameter around. It is believed that Adi Shankaracharya performed meditation at this place called ‘Sarvajna Peetha’ on the hilltop. Further 25kms away is Nagara Fort an 18 century old fort near the backwaters of Linganamakki Dam.
ADVISORY: Leeches can be painful in rainy season. Keeping first-aid kit is mandatory. Apart from the leeches as per the locals, the area has all wild animals except Lion and Elephant.
REGION: Western Ghats
- Bangalore to Bangalore Private Travel
- 2 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Jeep Ride
Anything not mentioned.
Things to carry:
- Cargos/Track pants
- Trekking/Hiking Shoes, preferably waterproof
- A few pairs of cotton socks
- Water bottle
- Personal Medication/First Aid Kit
- CASE 1: Up to 07 Days before an event - Full Refund
- There would be a payment gateway charge of 2.45% as per the bank.
- CASE 2: Between 06 to 03 Days before an event - 50% Refund
- We understand there is loss of 50% from your end which is not our intention, so to compensate that we give you an option to use the complete amount for the next trek.
- CASE 3: 02 Days to the date of an event - No Refund
- We understand there is loss from your end. To recover your loss, we offer you an option to substitute an other Outdoor enthusiast like you for the trek.