Auli Ski Course 2018
Skiing is like flying but still being on the ground. It's an adventurous sport and if you've been thinking of learning the sport from the experts then this course is for you.
- Learn skiing with a professional instructor.
- Thrilling experience at one of the best sloped in the world.
Auli, in Uttarakhand region, is the perfect destination for beginning your ski lessons, a destination favored by many for its beauty and some amazing skiing slopes. Located around 250 kms away from Rishikesh, Auli is about 8 hours drive once you're in Rishikesh. Auli offers some exciting skiing slopes for beginners and pro level skiers alike. Once the training grounds for the Paramilitary forces, the skiing slopes of Auli is compared with some of the best slopes in World. Every year during winters, hundreds of skiers from around the World land up in Auli to experience the thrill of skiing in the Himalayas, many of these skiers come every year.
Season starting from January till April, time of year when the slopes are usually covered by the thick snow carpet, perfect for the sport. It is connected to Joshimath by a 3.5 km long cable car that provides an excellent panoramic view of the mountain peaks like Nanda Devi, Kamet, and Dronagiri.
Day 1: Arrival in Auli
Arrive in Auli and use the say to relax, acclimatize and enjoy the place.
Day 2 to Day 5: Ski Lessons - Fun begins!
- The beginner's lessons start on day-2 and goes on till 5th day of the trip.
- Introduction and meeting with ski instructors.
- Equipment orientation and briefing
- Ski lessons from 10 am to 4 pm (all 4 days)
Day 6: Checkout
After a well-deserved rest over the night, have breakfast and checkout from the hotel. Congratulate yourself on completing the beginner's course of an amazing sport.
- 5 Night Deluxe Accommodation in Auli.
- All Meals (Veg - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snacks and Dinner as per itinerary (from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 6). Non-veg option is only available for dinner at additional cost of Rs. 250 per person, per dinner
- Rental for basic ski equipment (ie one pair of ski, ski poles and snow boots will be provided)
- One round ticket of chair car per person on Day 3 and Day 4 of itinerary
- Three tickets of Auli Ski Lift per person on Day 3 and Day 4 of itinerary
- Charges and fees for experienced local ski instructor (1 instructor for upto 12 pax)
- Optional land transfers in shared private vehicle from Haridwar (Indigo for 2 or 3 pax, Innova for 4 to 5 pax and Tempo Traveller for 6 to 12 pax) - Select add-on while booking with extra charges.
- Travel from City of Origin to trip start point (Auli or Haridwar) as you opt and back
- Accommodation in Haridwar/Dehradun/ Rishikesh. We can arrange this at extra cost
- Travel Insurance or any other kind of insurance(participants are advised to obtain applicable insurance on own)
- Costs and expenses for medical treatment in case of evacuation or in case of any medical condition or emergency or otherwise for any reason
- For family group, maximum 02 kids (below 10 years of age only) can be accommodated in a room. Extra charge of Rs 7500 per child towards meals, bedding, skiing/snow activities.
- Instructor fee for the personalized instructor (Rs 2000 per day, per instructor)
- Tickets for Joshimath-Auli-Joshimath ropeway or charges for extra Auli Ski Lift or extra Auli Chair Car ride
- Clients may opt for snowboarding instead of skiing on a particular day (at Rs. 1500 per person per day additional cost) only if such request is made one day in advance
- Charges for evening sightseeing in Joshimath
- Meals other than Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks & Dinner as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, other beverages or drinks
- (Non-veg option is only available for dinner at additional cost of Rs. 250 per person, per dinner)
- Any bills/expense of personal nature or any gifts, sightseeing, tips, donations, helicopter ride charges, etc
- Any drinks, gifts, tips for the instructors, etc
- Any other cost or expense which is not specifically included in the price inclusion
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Things to Carry:
- Mountain jacket (windproof, waterproof and breathing)
- 1 pair of gloves
- 2 sets of thermal inner wear
- Warm woolen sweater or fleece sweater / jacket.
- 3-4 pairs of warm woolen socks
- 1 pair of sunglasses with side protection
- Sun screen and cold cream
- (Expected minimum temperature in Aulimay be -4 to -8 degree Celsius below freezing point)
- Ski jacket, trousers, goggles & gloves are available on rent
- Ski lessons are conducted by experienced, professional and medal-winner local ski instructorsParticipants will receive a certificate for participation/successful completion of the basic level ski course
- Activity is open for all age groups. Kids above 5 years of age can participate any kid 5-10 years is charged as per child pricing.
- Clients may opt for snow-boarding instead of skiing on a particular day (Rs.1500 per person per day additional cost) only if such request is made one day in advance
- Indicative list of preferred equipment and winter clothing is given in Annexure
- Clients are advised to consult their physician and take suitable preventive medication (prescribed, if any) as a precaution for high altitude sickness (Maximum altitude Auli 3049 meters above sea level)
- No refund of costs/any compensation if ski/snowboarding lessons are aborted or cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions, keeping in mind safety of the clients. Auli Ski & Snowboard School’s
- Instructors’ decision on this will be final and binding on clients
- All clients (and parents on behalf of minors) have to complete and sign mandatory Client Information and Waiver Form before starting the ski lessons
- Children above 10 years are counted as adults.
- Rental for additional ski equipment (eg ski suit, gloves, snow goggles, snowboard, etc). Such equipment is available on hire
- We promote ecologically sensitive responsible tourism and we seek our clients’ support to help us leave minimum ecological footprint
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- The local person's contact and phone number is shared in the booking voucher sent via email.
₹ 12500 Per Person