Goa Kayaking Excursion in Sal Backwaters
Paddle through a meadow of lotus surrounding you. The waves from your Kayaking making them giggle. This two and a half hour tour takes you on a journey through narrow water lanes hidden deep in the mangroves, spoting some rare bird species, fishes and if you are lucky, you might get the chance to spot some otters. You also get see some local excotic plants like cashew and mango trees during the tour. One of the most popular kayaking excursions in Goa, the Sal backwater will give you a heavenly experience which will be etched in your mind forever. This is a heaven for the bird lovers too, more than forty species of rare birds roam around here
- Kayaking in backwaters
- Bird watching
- Kayaking through natural lotus garden
- All equipments will be provided (Kayak, paddle, helmet and life jacket)
- Learn expert technique from your professional guides
- Refreshments included
What to expect?
Participants meet at Leisure Vacations Goa By The Sal near Dongrim Nuvem in Goa and After getting to know your group mates you will be briefed about standard safety procedures and things to watch out for which will be followed by a training session in water presided by your guide. When we make sure that everybody is comfortable and confident in a kayak we will set off for the journey.
As you move along the river the paradise for birdwatchers opens. If you are an avid fan of spotting rare birds then this journey will take care of your cravings. The list includes 4 types of kingfisher, cormorants, lapwings, pin-tailed ducks, pheasants, purple water fowl, white and grey herons, egrets, black headed ibis and many more. We will stop in the shade of a mango grove to relax, rest and enjoy some snacks. Continue kayaking until you reach the bridge. The excursion ends at the departure point.
- All kayaking equipments (kayak, paddles, life jacket, leashes etc.)
- Expert kayaking guide
- Bottled water
- Fruit juice
Following information will be shared with you with-in 24 hour of booking
- Operator information
- Contact person name & phone number
- Reporting address & time
We offer activities of only the prefered and reliable operators in each destination to ensure best customer experiece each time.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No guest above 105 kg can take the kayaking tour
- Minimum age is 10 years and child must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for pregnant women or participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- All passenger weights and height MUST be mentioned in "Special Request" section during the booking process
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Leisure Vacations Goa, Salcete, Nuvem, Goa