Chennai City Local Sightseeing Day Tour
Explore the vibrant cultural tapestry of Chennai with a full-day sightseeing tour. Visit iconic landmarks such as the majestic Marina Beach, the historic Fort St. George, and the ornate Kapaleeshwarar Temple. Immerse yourself in the rich heritage and bustling energy of this dynamic coastal city.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Visit the famous Marina Beach, Burma Beach, and Valluvar Kottham.
- Visit the popular sites in Chennai to experience the mix of old and new.
Connect with us Live by Clicking on 'Chat' or Whatsapp Click Here
In this 10-hour tour, you can choose to visit a variety of locations throughout Chennai, which include the best places to see, eat, and shop. You will be accompanied by an experienced driver who knows the city like the back of his hand. This tour is fully customized, so you can decide which locations you want to go to and what you want to do.
Start your private tour after meeting your personal chauffeur at your hotel. Enjoy the services of a comfortable air-conditioned car for 10 hours (or 100 km) within Chennai city limits.
- The driver will pick up the guests from the hotel or residence at the pickup location.
- We recommend the below-mentioned landmarks of the city; guests are free to visit any other place that might not be on the list:
- Fort St. George is the 17th-century fort built by the British in the city of Madras, the modern city of Chennai. Explore Fort St. George, the first English fortress in India. Visit St. Mary's Church and the Fort (Timings: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Entrance Charges: Rs. 5 per person for Indians, Rs. 100 per person for Foreign Tourists)
- Burma Bazaar is an actual sort of grey market run by Burmese (Myanmar) refugees living in Chennai. (Timings: 10:00 a.m.–10 p.m.)
- Government Museum: The second oldest museum in India, the Government Museum, or Madras Museum, showcases human history and culture. (Timings: 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Entrance Charges: Rs. 15 for Adults, Rs. 10 for Children for Indians, Rs. 250 for Adults and Rs. 125 for Children for Foreign Tourists)
- Valluvar Kottam is the most recognizable monument in Chennai and is dedicated to the classical Tamil poet, Thiruvalluvar. (Timings: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- Santhome Cathedral is a 16th-century, beautiful cathedral built by the Portuguese and later restored by the British. (Timings: 6:00 AM–9:00 PM)
- Kapaleeswarar Temple:Head to Mylapore to explore the Kapaleeshwarar Temple, a 7th-century Dravidian architectural marvel dedicated to Lord Shiva. Take time to appreciate the intricate sculptures and vibrant colors. (Timings: 6:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.)
- Light House: The Madras Light House on the famous Marina Beach in Chennai stands facing the Bay of Bengal. (Timings: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.)
- Vivekananda House and Marina Promenade: Visit Vivekananda House, a historical building that once served as Swami Vivekananda's residence. It now houses a museum showcasing his life and teachings. Take a leisurely stroll along the Marina Promenade in the evening
- Marina Beach:It is a natural beach famed to be the longest natural beach in the world.
- Theosophical Society Adyar: If time permits, you can visit the Theosophical Society in Adyar, a peaceful oasis with gardens and a serene atmosphere.
- Elliot's Beach (Besant Nagar Beach): A popular destination for locals and tourists alike, this serene beach offers picturesque views, refreshing sea breezes, and a variety of eateries and recreational activities.
- The driver will drop the guests back at the hotel at the end of the tour.
- This is not a guided tour; the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is a local city tour; hence, the vehicle cannot be used for any outstation tour.
- All transportation is done in a private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai hotel or residence
- Driver and fuel charges
- 10 hours and 100 KM of usage as per the itinerary (extra hours and kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit; please refer to the Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3625 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.