Leh Ladakh Winter Safari
The Leh Winter Safari is a traveler's delight! Taking you through all of Leh Ladakh's famous sightseeing spots, this is a great way to get to know the region and its culture; and makes a perfect escapade for a week.
- Witness Leh in winters.
- Enjoy local cuisine.
- Breathtaking views.
- Comfortable ride (Innova/Ertiga/Aria).
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Costs: All inclusive price with no hassel of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Convenience in Online Booking: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
This Safari allows you to explore a wide range of breathtaking spots in Leh Ladhak including the Magnetic Hill, Khardungla Pass, Hall of fame, the Pangong lake, Leh Palace, Leh market and many more (read the itinerary for more details)! Witness picturesque sights, the peculiar lives of the locals and the fascinating tradition of the region; with the fresh air and views to sweep you of the feet it will be hard to go back.
- Day 1: Arrival Leh Upon arrival at Leh Airport you will meet by our representative will greet, assist and transfer you to Hotel in Leh, rest of the day at leisure to acclimatize to the high altitude of Ladakh.
- Day 2: After having breakfast drive to Sham Valley via Magnetic Hill. Also visit Gurudwara Patthar Sahib, confluence point of Zanskar and Indus River. Just before reaching Leh visit Ladakh’s Hall of fame. Back to hotel in Leh for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Magnetic Hill: This place is close to the Gurudwara Shri Patthar Sahib. When your vehicle is parked on neutral gear on road, then it slides up-hill!
- Shri Patthar Sahib Gurudwara: The Shrine known as Gurudwara Patthar Sahib is situated about 25 km from leh. Built for the memory of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the great prophet who sanctified this place by his sacred visit during the year of 1517 during his second missionary tour (2nd Udassi; 1515-1518).
- Sangam-Confluence of The Zanskar & Indus: On way to Sham Valley before Nimu village you can enjoy the magnificent view the two rivers meeting under the shadow of the mountains!
- Ladakh Hall of Fame: The Hall of Fame is a glorious museum constructed by the Indian Army. You can see the memorabilia of eminent defence personalities with biographies, images and weapons used during the Kargil and other key strategic battles fought in this region.
- Day 3: After breakfast we will drive up to the Khardungla Top to enjoy the magnificent view of the surrounding valleys. After spending some time there come back to Hotel and relax. In the evening take a small round trip to the Shanti Stupa for the beautiful sunset view over the entire Leh Valley. Overnight stay at Hotel in Leh.
- Khardungla Pass: The highest Motorable road in the world which is at the height of 18,390 ft (around 39 km away from Leh). There are two checkpoints on the both sides of the pass. Khardung is the first village of Nubra valley at higher altitude than Deskit and other villages.
- Leh Palace: Also referred as the ‘Lhachen Palkhar’ is a yesteryear royal palace located at the Himalayan town of Leh. Designed in line with the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet, the construction of the Leh Palace began in the sixteenth century and it was completed in the 17th century, making it one of the tallest buildings of that era with nine storeys. The rooftop of the palace provides grand views of the mountain of Stok Kangri and the Ladakh mountain ranges. The palace is now under the jurisdiction of the ‘Archaeological Survey of India’ (ASI). Today, this majestic building has a museum with 450 years old artefacts in it.
- Leh Market: The main market road is lined with shops on either side, most of them with Ladakhi & Kashmiri products. The market road has a Mosque at one end. It also has the Leh post office and lots of ATMs. You will also find many makeshift Tibetan refugee markets set up across the main market area.
- Shanti Stupa (Japanese Peace Pagoda): Shanti Stupa/Japanese peace pagoda is built by a Japanese religious organization headed by Head monk Nakamura. It is situated at a hilltop in Changspa village providing a bird’s eye view of the Leh town and the surrounding mountain peaks.
- Day 4: After Breakfast set off for Pangong Lake (approx. 145 km, located on the Indo China Border) through Changla pass 5486 m. After spending the day there around there spend your night in a homestay at Tangste.
- The Pangong Lake: Main attraction of this circuit is the Pangong Lake, situated at 14000 ft (4267 m). A long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometers at its widest point to which foreigners are permitted to visit only a seven km strip of shore along the southern shore from the head of the lake, but nevertheless it holds a spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, with their reflection shimmering in the Pangong. Above Spangmik are the glacier and snow-capped peaks of the Pangong range.
- Day 5: Leave after breakfast and retrace the road to Leh. Upon reaching Karu, drive across the Indus and visit Hemis Monastery, the biggest and the most famous monastery of Ladakh. Later, drive on to Leh, visiting the Thiksey monastery on the way. Enjoy the Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel.
- Hemis Gompa: 40 km from Leh, is the wealthiest, well known and the biggest Gompa of Ladakh. Its popularity stems from the major annual festival held here during the summer. It’s a festival honouring Guru Padma Sambhava’s birth anniversary. It flourished under the Namgyal Dynasty because the royalty favoured the Drugpa sect, who managed the monastery
- Thiksey Gompa: 19 km from Leh, spectacularly sited, Thiksey is one of the most architecturally impressive Gompas. There are several exquisite temples in this Gompas, with images, stupas and wall paintings of Buddha.
- Day 6: Get dropped at Leh Airport.
- Accommodation at twin sharing basis in standard hotel
- Meals - 5 breakfasts & 5 Dinners
- Sightseeing transfers by Innova/Scorpio/Tavera/Similar for upto 6 members - Tempo Traveller in case of more than 6 members
- City tour at all the places as mentioned in the day-wise plan
- Premits fees
- Airport pick-up & drop
- Expenses of personal nature
- Personal Insurance
- Guides services
- Monument fee/Entry fee
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund after that