Kodachadri Trek: New Year Getaway
Kodachadri Trek for the New Year:Shimoga or Shivmogga in Karnataka is an example of natural treasures untouched by humans and are famous for its stunning scenery and rich flora and fauna. Mookambika National Park and the magnificent Kodachadri peak lie in this region. In this coming new year, Kodachadri trek will give you an ample opportunity to explore all these wonders.
Situated near Tunga River, Kodachadri peak has a very soothing climate. This region was declared as a natural heritage site by the Karnataka government. This peak perched at an altitude of 1343 m and Kodachadri trek is a perfect weekend and New Year getaway. Kodachadri literally means 'hill of jasmine flowers'. Kochadari is home to several varieties of wildflowers but is dominated by the Indian jasmine.
During the Kodachadri trek, you might come across the Malabar langoor, Malabar pied hornbill and the famous Indian rock python. On reaching the peak you will be feasted with a stunning view of the Arabian sea and Sharavati backwaters. There's no better cure and refreshment for your soul than the Kodachadri Trek during this New Year. At the Kodachadri peak, the winds are pleasant and it will soothe your stressed body and mind. Feeling the clouds and witnessing the sunrise and the sunset will make this trip special.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District
- Sheer Drop down walk towards the Kodachadri Peak
- SThe ee Arabian Sea from the Sunset Point
- Kayaking & Campfire
- Experience pristine natural beauty of Western Ghats
- Welcome New Year from the top of Kudremukh peak
- Experience trek leader to lead your way
- Towering peaks and raw nature
- Escape from the noisy celebrations and embrace nature
Day 0: Overnight journey to Kodachadri starts from Bangalore on Friday. Trekkers are advised to have light dinner.
- 09:30 PM Pick up starts at Bangalore
Day 1: Reach Kodachadri Homestay the next morning. Fresh up, have breakfast and prepare to start the journey with packed lunch for the road.
- 06:30 AM Reach homestay
- 07:30 AM Fresh up
- 08:30 AM Have breakfast and carry packed lunch
- 09:30 AM Start Kodachadri trek
- 02:00 PM Reach peak and have packed lunch
- 02:30 PM Descend
- 06:30 PM Reach back to homestay and have tea
- 08:30 PM Enjoy campfire followed by dinner
Day 2: Wake up early to experience the ever thrilling kayaking. After the stressful paddling, return to have some hot and delicious breakfast. Fresh up, get ready and bid farewell to the homestay. Visit the Nagara Fort on way back.
- 07:30 AM Wake up and get ready
- 08:00 AM Have breakfast
- 09:00 AM Checkout from homestay and depart to Bangalore Visit Nagara Fort on the way back to Bangalore
- 07:30 PM Reach Bangalore
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Campfire (depends on weather)
- Kayaking (depends on water level)
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 1
- Accomodation in Homestay
- Visit to Nagara fort
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3250 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.