Meesapulimala Trekking and Camping from Munnar
A 2 Day camping adventure in the wild and trek to Meesapulimala peak in Munnar. Meesapulimala is the second highest peak in Western Ghats in the Idukki district of Kerala. Meesapulimala is a great destination for those looking for an adventurous trip.Meesapulimala Trek and Camping Highlights
- Experience a journey through the winding mountain roads of Munnar
- Overnight camping in the wilderness with bonfire at the base camp
- Guided trekking to Meesapulimala peak
- Experienced guide throughout the trek
- Enjoy local cuisine during the whole camp stay
Meesapulimala Trek and Camping Overview
Meesapulimala is known for its mist clouds hovering above the green valley and the thriving raw nature. Starting from Munnar town you will reach the Rhodo Valley campsite by a jeep. The winding roads from Munnar take you along the tea plantation and finally through deep forest. Meesappulimala base camp is about 20 km from Munnar and takes an hour to reach.
There, you will get the chance to spend a night in the wild gazing at the stars twinkling in the night sky. The campfire and the delicious spicy Kerala dinner coming after it will add to the fun and enjoyment.
Next day, we start our trek and you will witness one of the most beautiful views in the whole of south India! - The Valley of Meesapulimala. Prior permission from Forest Department needed for this trek is already arranged by us.You hike through lush green grasslands surrounded by tropical rainforests (called sholas). Keep your eyes and ears open, if you are lucky you will even get a chance to spot elephants, Gaur (Indian Bison) and Nilgiri tahrs (the famous mountain goats).
Meesapulimala Trek and Camping Itinerary
- The guests are requested to report at Munnar town by 2:00 pm and meet the guide.
- We will drive to Rhodo village in a shared vehicle by jeep and reach by 3:00 pm.
- Relax at the Rhodo valley base camp which is located at an altitude of about 6000 feet.
- Delicious dinner is served to the guests and feel the outdoors by staying in the tents arranged at our fully electrified camp site
- Enjoy the night stay in the outdoors, sit and relax around the bonfire and savor a scrumptious dinner. Spend the night sleeping safely in the wild. If you are lucky you can spot wildlife like deer near the camp as well.
- In this morning, after freshening up and breakfast, start trek to Meesapulimala peak which has an altitude of 2,640 meters / 8661 feet.
- For the adventure lover in you, Meesappulimala is the place to visit on a Munnar trip. As it is one of the tallest peaks in whole of grand Western Ghats, Meesapulimala peak offers amazing panoramic view from the top. Meesappulimala is a great place for wide range of adventure activities for travelers looking for some thrill.
- It takes 3-4 hours to trek to the top of Meesapulimala peak. Once you reach top, you can relax and click photos. We have our packed lunch here.
- Start descending back to base camp and finally reach back to Munnar by evening.
- Tented accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis
- All Camping facilities and equipment
- Transportation from Munnar town as per the itinerary in a shared vehicle
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Service of an expert guide
- Campfire (subject to weather conditions)
- All permits & levies
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5750 Per Person