2 Day Velas - Harihareshwar Tour from Mumbai (Velas Turtle Festival)
A little over 5.5 hours drive from Mumbai, Velas is a small village in Ratnagiri district, where every year the Olive Ridley turtle population visits to lay eggs. Velas Turtle festival is a famous ecotourism festival which helps in conservation of endangered species. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisargmitra started the conservation and now the Regional Forest Officers (RFO), Velas Grampanchayat and villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs. The nature lover in you will love the idea of attending the Velas Turtle Festival.
- Morning Pick-up from Mumbai (Residence or Hotel)
- Proceed towards Velas, which is a 5.5-hour drive
- Visit Bankot Fort which is well known breathtaking view of Velas beach and Harihareshwar Temple
- Check-in at Velas homestay
- Visit Velas beach by evening looking for sightings of olive ridley turtle hatchlings (around 5:30-6:00 pm)
- Proceed to watch a documentary based on journey of turtles telecasted at the village
- Drop to accommodation
- Early morning visit to the beach with a hope of sighting those baby turtles again (around 6:30-7:00 am)
- Return to accommodation and check-out after breakfast.
- Head to Harihareshwar (involves a jetty ride wherein the car will be transported from one bank to the other)
- Explore Harihareshwar Temple and beach
- Post Lunch head back to Mumbai
**This is not a Guided Tour. Places mentioned are a suggestion only, you can add/skip places you wish to visit.
- All transportation using private Air-Conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Roundtrip travel from any point in Mumbai (Residence/Hotel/Airport) to Velas/Harihareshwar and back.
- Vehicle, Driver and Fuel charges
- 500 KMs of usage (more than enough). Post 500 kms, Rs. 10 per km for Sedan and Rs. 13 per km for SUV.
- Usage until 10 PM. Night charges of Rs. 250 for Sedan and Rs. 300 for SUV applicable after 10 pm.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6649 Per Vehicle