Kotebetta or the fort hill trek in Coorg
A trek to the third highest peak in the Coorg district. The trek offers splendid views at each turn and raw undisturbed beauty of nature. A trek to Kotebetta is all you need to embrace the innocence of nature.
- Trek to the Kotebetta peak in the Brahmagiri mountain ranges.
- A 360-degree panoramic view of the mountain ranges
- Experienced guide
- A moderate trek for people of all ages and experience
Nishani Motte, also called as Nishani Betta is an imposing peak in the Talacauvery/ Brahmagiri range of Coorg belonging to the Western Ghats. Our trek starts from Madenadu village and traverses through some long stretches of coffee plantations, paddy fields, villages and thick rainforests. The final stretch (1km) of the Nishani hills is a bit hard but worth the view when you reach the top. A magnificent 360-degree panoramic view of the mountain ranges from the top is breathtaking.
Strictly no littering. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
08:00 am: Arrive at the reporting location and meet the group followed by the group briefing by the trek guide
09:00 am: Trek commences from Madapura village in Somwarpet Taluka. Total trekking distance is 6 km
1:00 - 1:30 pm: Reach back to the base and trek ends
- A good pair of trekking shoes which is water resistant
- A water bottle to keep you hydrated
- A personal Medical Kit. Our guide will be equipped with first aid kit.
- Pair of Sunglasses & a hat
- A raincoat OR Poncho (If it is the rainy season)
- Backpack with broad straps
- Jackets, Sweater, Dark coloured shirts & Track Pants
- Carry personal identity card
- Avoid wearing bright coloured clothes - Ex: Red
- Follow your guide, Please DON’T trek alone and fast. Let’s all go in one group.
- Always offer help to those facing difficulty
- Do not wear sarees or any other uncomfortable clothing
- Smoking & consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Don’t litter. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
Please Note: Leeches are quite common in the Western Ghats and especially in the rainy season. So do not panic. Carry salt & lemon or small sachets of shampoo. Our guide will explain in detail on how to avoid them.