Chopta Tungnath Trek
A short easy trek running parallel to the high Himalayas. Good views all the way, beautiful camping by the lake at Devariyatal and some great forests. In the early spring the rhododendron forest glow red as the flowers bloom. The views from the Chandrashilla top will stay in one’s memory for really long.
- Easy 4 days of trekking
- Amazing views of Panchchuli Peak
- Trek through Dense forests of Mandakini Valley
Day 0: Overnight train to Haridwar
Take the overnight Mussoorie Express (10:15pm) from Delhi to reach Haridwar early in the morning.
Day 01: Drive Haridwar - Sari and trek to Devariyatal (2440m) 5-6 hrs drive and 2 hrs walk.
The road goes along the river alaknanda before entering the Mandakini valley. It’s gradual uphill all the way up to the beautiful lake of Devariyatal.
Day 02: Trek Devariyatal - Chopta (3000m) 6-7 hrs.
The trail goes through the dense forest and stays on the ridge all the way to Tali. From here we descend for a while to cross a stream and then climb up gradually to reach Chopta, located in an idyllic setting having beautiful meadows and is surrounded by dense forests.
Day 03: Trek Chopta - Tungnath (3680m) - Chandrashilla Top (4130m) - Chopta.
Start early in the morning and climb up to the temple of Tungnath and beyond. Tungnath, one of the Shiva temples is the highest temple in Garhwal and has definitely a certain mystical/religious aspect which is quite based on the spectacular surrounding and views from there. Views which go far beyond the simple "view of mountains".
The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a breathtaking 360 degree view.
Day 04: Drive Chopta – Hardwar 6-7 hrs and take a train to Delhi
Drive to Haridwar and take the evening Shatabdi Express to reach Delhi by 10:45 pm.
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ rail / air as applicable (by non ac car / 2 or 3 tier ac coach),
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip,
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels,
- All meals, professional guide fee,
- Sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable,
- All trekking arrangements with India'smost experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi,
- Any stay and meals in Delhi,
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing,
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, insurance, camera fee
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any othercircumstances beyond our control.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Delhi Railway Station