Shimla Heritage Walk
To know more about the rich history of Shimla you need to walk. Those who are interested in the Heritage of Shimla, this is the most interesting and attractive walk for them. The entire length of this Heritage walk comes under Shimla’s Heritage Zone.
- The most imposing and attractive structures which include castles.
- Temples, heritage hotels, banks, and government offices are the highlights of this walk.
- Some of the best examples of British Architecture of the era and reveal the history and various interesting stories of the glorious past. They will compel you to glance at them from every angle.
There is no doubt that Shimla is a Walker’s Paradise. Every lane leads one to some history, every wall hides a story behind it, every house has a tale to tell and every tree here is a living witness to the town’s growth. The trails are protected by nature. Most of the lanes have been carved through the forests of lofty cedars, rattling oaks, blooming rhododendrons or whispering pines. There are more Y-junctions than X-ings. Shimla is a walker’s paradise and can be known more if you walk. Those who are interested in the Heritage of Shimla, this is the most interesting and attractive walk for them. The entire length of this Heritage walk comes under Shimla’s Heritage Zone. The most imposing and attractive structures which include the Christ Church, the Gaiety Theatre, the Bandstand, some heritage hotels, old banks, and government offices are the highlights of this walk. These are some of the best examples of British Architecture of the era and reveal the history and various interesting stories of the glorious past. They will compel you to glance at them from every angle.
- The walk begins from the Christ Church, located at the western shoulder of Jakhu Hill – the highest hill of Shimla, and extends towards east till the Viceregal Lodge, now Indian Institute of Advanced Study.
- A number of old buildings such as Gaiety theatre, General Post Office, Bantony, Betink’s Castle, Imperial Bank, Railway Board Building, Gorton Castle, Knockdrin, Kennedy Cottage, Sanatorium, Cecil Hotel, Inverarm, and Viceregal Lodge keep your eyes wide open.
- We start at 10 am from the Christ Church and at a leisurely pace, we proceed towards the western end of Shimla.
- Passing through many historical and Heritage buildings, each possessing a different style of architecture and holding many stories of the past, we stop for a break on the way.
- The walk ends at the building of former Viceregal Lodge now used as Indian Institute of Advanced Study, the highlight of the tour at 1:30 pm
- Post which you will be going back to the hotel, you will be covering a distance of about 6 km.
- A well conversed English Speaking Host / Guide who holds a good knowledge on the Heritage Zone of Shimla
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3500 Flat Rate