Lalbagh eco walk.
Take a walk with a landscape architect & know more about the amazing trees inside Lalbagh.
"The region of Lalbagh has witnessed the rule of many empires and thereby holds great historical significance : be it the Kempegowda tower built to mark one of the boundaries of the old Bangalore , serving as a leisure garden during the rule of Hyder Ali or the immense horticultural experimentation carried on by Tipu Sultan and further during the British Raj.
All these years of involvement and nurturing has resulted in a botanical garden enriched with one of the richest and rarest varieties of native as well as exotic flora. Apart from the beautiful flowering trees synonymous with the landscape of Bangalore, the garden also includes lots of interesting lesser known trees, like the Ficus krishnae with the pocket like folded leaves fondly called as Krishna’s butter cup, the ornamental yet deadly Cerbera manghas tree commonly called as the Suicide tree or the huge Dillenia indica whose fruits are relished by elephants.
The Lalbagh nature walk will thereby talk about the historical relevance of the garden, educate on the rich tree variety it sustains and also brief on the ecological role of the respective trees in nature".
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.