Colombo City Walking Tour
Explore the colorful capital city on a half day city walk through Colombo. Walk through the busy street markets at the Pettah Market. Admire the history and architecture of the colonial Dutch buildings like the 17th century Dutch Museum which was previously the residence of Count August Carl Van Ranzow, Dutch Hospital which is now houses fancy restaurants, bars and shops. Arrive in time at the lighthouse to catch the spectacular sunset and enjoy a pleasant evening as the sun goes down the horizon. Stroll through the Galle Face Green promenade and arrive at the oldest hotel in east of Suez, Galle Face Hotel.
Highlights of Colombo Walking Tour
- Pettah Market
- Dutch buildings and architecture
- Old Dutch Museum
- Old Dutch Hospital
- Galle Face Green
- view of spectacular sunset from the Lighthouse
- Breathtaking sceneries for photography
- 3:00pm - You will be picked up at your hotel in Colombo or Mount Lavinia by Tutuk and taken to the Fort Cafe from where this walking tour starts.
- 3:30pm - Tour starts with a short introduction about the tour. On the walk you will explore few of the many bustling streets selling everything from textiles to electronics to spices. Hidden within these streets you will walk upto 17th century Old Dutch Museum originally built as the residence of Count August Carl Van Ranzow.
- Next we will proceed to commercial hub of Colombo, Fort Area. Here you will find another colonial masterpiece, the Old Dutch Hospital. It used to be a hospital during the 17th century, but now houses many high end restaurants, bars and shops. We will stop here for a drink and to admire the place but only if we are on time and do not miss the amazing sunset to be seen from lighthouse.
- Our final destination is Galle Face hotel, the oldest hotel east of the Suez! We walk along the Galle Face Green promenade that is usually busy with young and old alike. You will get plenty of opportunity for photography. Many Dutch and English colonial architecture are a great subject for photography enthusiasts. Portraits of diverse population and breathtaking sceneries that is different from usual photographs of Sri Lanka.
- 7:30pm - You will be dropped at the hotel.
- Pick up & Drop off bu TukTuk from Hotels in Colombo & Mount Lavinia
- Service of an English Speaking Guide
- Water Bottles & Snacks
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 692.87 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.