Bird Watching and Bicycle Tour in Kitulgala
Kitulgala is a nature’s paradise and is the best place to visit for bird watching and nature trekking. The place is known to have 2 monsoons each year and has been home to some beautiful birds. Makandawa forest reserve is the best place to embark on an exciting bird watching trip. Go on a boat ride through the Kelani River and get to see some amazing variety of birds like the Red faced Malkoha, Green billed Coucal, and Chestnut backed Owlet, Spur fowl and much more. You can also see mammals like the Layard’s striped Squirrel, Grizzled Indian Squirrel and Purple faced leaf monkey.
After the bird watching tour, enjoy a scrumptious meal before you head on a cycling tour to Belilena Caves. On your ride through the countryside you get to see beautiful sceneries and landscape of the hills and mountains that a spread across the village. The cave is located on a hillside and has an amazing view of the rubber plantation, jungle and the hills. After the visit to the cave explore the village before heading back.
- Experience the different aspect of nature in Kitulgala
- Covers nature trekking tour at Makandawa forest reserve
- Visit a cave which home to evidences of prehistoric human
- 6:30am - Trip start with pick-up from your Kitulgala hotel
- 7:30am - Transfer by Tuk Tuk to do a bird watching tour at Makandawa Forest Reserve. Take a boat ride to cross the river and see many of Sri Lanka’s endemic wildlife. The Kelani River many fish species unique to Sri Lanka. The Earless Lizard, Kangaroo Lizard and the Hump-nosed Lizard are among the reptile species and are frequently seen in the bushes in Kitulgala forest reserve.
- 12:00pm - Have buffet lunch
- 12:30pm - After lunch, we do a cycling tour to Belilena cave. You can see up-close the local village lifestyle on the way. This cave is located up a steep path on a hill. From top you get breathtaking view of rubber plantation, jungle vegetation and hills. The Belilena cave is the place where pre-historic skeletal remains of 'Balangoda Man' were found believed to have lived as early as 32,000 years ago. Cave is also famous for thousands of bats residing in the cave’s cool interior. Colorful butterflies are also easily spotted near the cave.
- 4.30pm - After the Cycling tour, you will be transferred back to your Hotel.
- Transfers from Kitulgala Hotel to Starting point and back by TukTuk
- Entrance Fees to the Forest Reserve
- Service of an English Speaking Local Guide
- Bottled Water & Snacks
- Buffet Lunch
- Bicycles with helmets
- All handling charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6189.57 Per Person