Pettah walk in Cottonpet : In search of faith.
In our fourth walk in the Pettah area, we take the guests on a journey in search of "Faith".
Bengaluru was founded by Kempe Gowda who built a mud fort at the site in 1537. But the earliest evidence for the existence of a place called Bangalore dates back to 890. In this walking tour, we will be visiting the old Bangalore and witness the development of Bangalore and also we will get to know how communal harmony was balanced here.
- The guests are requested to report at Upparpet police station by 8:00 am in the morning.
- We will meet the guide here and we will take a walk in the western part of Kempegowda's Pettah area.
- we visit the shrine of the biggest Sufi dargah in Bangalore and learn about Sufism and also role of dargah in promoting communal harmony since the past two centuries.
- Visit an ayurvedic massage center to see how bones are set right. Legend has it that at one of these centers, was patronized by the Maharaja of Mysore as would the pehelwans in these areas who practiced khusti in the numerous akhadas.
- We also visit an old temple/s associated with a saint who left his mark on the locality. If time permits we will also visit a garadi mane and a heritage lodge closeby
- Last but not the least we treat our guests to a nice traditional, South Indian breakfast at a heritage restaurant in the area to end the tour.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
₹ 500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.